Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New... Of Course

so... I'm new.... i'm 25, and... I'm not real sure what I should be writing right now. i don't know if i should be spilling my guts and telling you guys what happened... i've talked to some of my friends.. and they all tell me what has happened to me is sexual abuse. when it happened a month ago, i thought the same, but now that it's a month later, i'm numb, and tired, and the "wrong-ness" of what happened has faded. i guess what im looking for is some.... opinions. everyone i've talked to loves me very dearly, and they dislike the person that did this to me. i feel like they may be biased. or more accurately, i'm just downplaying this because i feel like i've gotten everyone riled up... so i guess... if im supposed to post the details, i will.. i have no problems talking about it - except to my parents & the person who did it.

It's easy to down play what has happend to you, it's easy to sit back and think it was your fault and that maybe somehow you deserved it. It's hard to realize it all wasn't and that nothing that you could have done could have prevented it. The numb feeling does pass and being surrounded by those that care for you does make you wonder if they are being biased and not saying how they really feel. Healing is real sh*t and so damn hard full of so many uncertain emotions.

You're not alone with them okay? Post to us, either alot or a little at a time to get a feel for what you are going through. Look around before doing so if lurking instead will help you first. We can all relate, you're not alone.

You are in the company of many survivors, while as sad as that is it is also comforting. :console:

Keep yourself safe, be gentle with yourself, and welcome to AS. :bighug:

:hug:

Donna =)

Welcome to AS! There are lots of great people to talk to here, I hope that you will find it helpful in your journey :hug:

Meg x

Hi, welcome

If what happened to you happened against your wishes, then it can be considered wrong and therefore what you thought it to be in the first place. Whilst initially your mind keeps you safe by numbing the experience, it expects you to deal with the shock this has caused you longer term and from which it now keeps you safe.

You wont be judged here...

Brian

Welcome to AS .. :hug: