Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Realize

I'm ok with telling my story on this site. But I can't bring myself to say how it makes me feel. A friend pointed out to me that nothing is ever emotional with me anymore. Especially when I talk about boys. It's always what he did or said, but never what Im feeling. I think my desensitizing is another side effect of what has happened.

Welcome to After Silence, Goodfaith.

I am glad that you feel safe about sharing your story here! I can very much identify with the lack of emotion when retelling my own story because I've tried for years to dig those feelings out, but I think they're frozen in time. One thing I have learned is that my initial abuse feelings are the root of the feelings I have when I'm anxious which has been helpful.

I believe After Silence can be a great resource for you as you continue along your healing journey. If you have any questions about the forums, please send me a message. I'll gladly try to help! Once again, welcome!

Take good care,

Your Sister in Survival

Newbie Support Team Member

Edited by sisterinsurvival

thank you, sister in survival.

i think you're right about the anxiety thing.. i have only been active on AS for a few days, but it has been a very light few days. i can't really explain my lift in spirits since visiting this community. i hate that there are so many people here dealing with awful things but i find comfort in knowing that others are here to show and receive support.

take care,

katie

I think that once you start telling the emotions instead of just the straight facts of the matter, it becomes much more real and intense. That is when the pain comes in, with the emotions. I think it's probably very normal to have that disconnect when dealing with something so traumatic. You open up in layers, little by little. Welcome to AS :) It's a very comforting and supportive place.

Hello and welcome, Goodfaith. I can relate to being out of touch with the emotional side of my memories. I reconnect in strange and unexpected ways sometimes. I hope you find ways to work through and get in touch with them as you heal. Wishing you peace, G

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found