Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm Back

Ems

Wow I have not been here in a while, I was here a while back and found this place really helpful so I am back.

Im Emily, I'm 25, I'm from New Zealand and I am going through a bit of hell at the moment to be honest. I have been abused by the same man (and others but he is the main person) since I was a very young child. The last time he raped me was about three weeks ago. I am so embarrassed and ashamed to say that out loud, i mean for goodness sake i am 25 and I still am terrified of him. I fight back but he is stronger than me, he has broken all my ribs down my left side before and now I am scared to fight in case it gets like that again. I feel disgusting. He is a friend of my dads and lived with us when I was growing up and ever since I left home he has tracked me down and found me. It's a small city but I cant afford to move right now. I was drinking everyday to numb it all but I went to rehab and i am now just about 6 months sober. It's good to be sober, but I am still trying to figure out how to live with all of this in my head without wanting to just get drunk. I have been in and out of hospital and diagnosed with bi polar disorder for the last two years and that has been rough. I guess I am going on a bit here so i will stop. Thanks for having this place, its sad to know im not alone but good at the same time if you know what i mean.

Emily

:hi:

Welcome back.

Found

Hi Ems, welcome back :)

Am so sorry you're having to go through all of this and I so admire you for being sober 6 months despite everything you are going through

Hope you'll find all the support you need here, take care and hope to see you around the forums :)