Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Guest Sammie

Guest Sammie

Hi everyone. I'm not sure what to say. :unsure:

I was raped by a family member for years. I thought that I was okay now, but with a new boyfriend I'm realizing that I am not. I don't know what to do or how to handle this. I love him, I really do, but memories of the abuse are turning me into a complete mess. That's all I can say right now;I'm at a loss for words.

:hug: Sammie :hug:

Let me start off by saying welcome to After Silence. We are so glad you found us! I think you will find this group very supportive and safe.

I am so sorry for what you have been through. I can relate to what you said about thinking things are fine and then getting into a relationship and finding out otherwise... that it's hard to deal with past abuse memories. Please know that you are not alone here. If there is anything I can do or if you just need to talk and vent things out please feel free to contact me.

:inn: Please take precious care of yourself :inn:

:throb: Tracy

Hi welcome,im sorry u need 2 b here-i hope u find wot u need here.....

Ppl here r great!!!!!

Hope 2 c more of u as u get more comfortable here.....

take care & keep safe.....

:hug: & :wub:

Sookie xoxox

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((safe hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

sammie,

sorry that you have to be here, but glad you found us! this is a great place to find support, love, strength, and healing. remember to take gentle care of yourself!

love,

erin

Welcome Sammie!

I can relate to how you're feeling. I used to think I was ok with everything that happened to me but then I realized a lot of my belief structure and behavior had been seriously altered as a result of my experiences. It's been getting worse before getting better but I hope I'm on the right track. :)

I definitely know that talking about your experiences and how you feel about those experiences is a huge step in the process of healing. I hope this place helps you out and just know that there are many people here (including myself) that are willing to offer help if you need it.

<3!

(((sammie))) Welcome to the group. I am sorry for the pain that you have endured. This is an amazing place to be while on your healing journey :hug:

Guest queenie

Sammie

:hug:

I am so sorry for all you have been through. I am sorry you have a reason for being here but we are glad you have found us. Posting and becoming a member is a huge and brave step in the right direction. We are all here to support you. Welcome to the family.

:throb::throb::throb:

Jennifer