Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey Everyone

aliste

hey everyone,

i am 24 years old, married, and its been 5 years since I was raped. I am here to hopefully find a great support network, and to be understood.

I was , about a year ago, dealing with everything , and doing well. However, since I have been married (about a year), I have gone downhill. I stopped writing in my journal, and it just seems like I have gotten more depressed every day. I was a member of another online support group and then one day it just wasnt there anymore! Well, I hope to hear from someone,

take care

Hi there and welcome,

This is a great site, everyone is really friendly and supportive. I came here for support when I struggled to deal with abuse, I was ten and sexually assaulted by my mothers boyfriend many times.

I am sorry for what happened to you.

take care lucy

Welcome to AS ... I hope that being here can help on your healing journey .. :hug:

Hi Aliste,

Welcome to AS. I don't think this place is going away for a while, so hopefully you can begin your healing journey here,

:hug:

Ardatha

Aliste -

Welcome! I am glad you have found AS, but not that you needed to be here.

I am also 24 and married. I was raped about 5-6 years ago, the exact dates escape me. I have also had many problems dealing with everything and trying to handle a marriage. I also suffer from depression. I have recently been able to pick myself up after a long and horrible bout with depression.

Hope that you will feel comfortable here and that you will post more. This board has been a big help to me. We are here for you always.

:hug:

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site as well. It's nice to see there are so many members and so much activity on this site. I'm glad that I stumbled upon it!

I am a survivor of physical battery and rape. My attack took place a year ago, by someone I was dating at the time. I am scheduled to go to trial this week. It has been postponed so many times I've lost count. Now that it is finally really here, I'm feeling anxious and very vulnerable. It feels like being victimized all over again...and the process has hardly begun. I can almost see the finish line and yet the thought of having to relive the details makes me ill. I'm praying for some closure this week, the ability to stay calm and clear throughout the trial, and that my case might be one that is added to the list of positive statistics. Thanks for giving me a safe place to vent! ~Jill

Hi and Welcome! :greet:

hope you find comfort being here :throb: