Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Lize4

I am here to open up about being abused by my father. He abused my sister and I. I developed selective mutism and severe social phobia as a child because I had the burden of not telling anyone. I still have social phobia, so life has been hard. I have never opened up to anyone besides my sister and mother (who did not do much to protect us). I am so glad I found this forum and I hope to open up more.

Hello Lize4,

welcome to AfterSilence, My name is Paula , I am one of the newbie support team here. I hope being here will help you find your voice. If you need any help with the board, please let me know

take care

Paula :hi:

Hi Lize4.
Thank you for sharing with us. I had a similar childhood and I'm so so sorry for the pain you must be going through.

-NHBB

Thank you for sharing your experience. My childhood was very similar to yours. I hope this site will help you remember that you're not alone.

• 4 months later...

Welcome!