Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Starting

huskers911

So this is my first time posting. I have held in what has happened to me for so long but lately have noticed how it has influenced my life. I have only told one person in my life what has happened to me and I didnt get the response I was expecting. I dont know if this person thought I was serious or just didnt know what to say. Lately it just seems like I cant get it off my mind even though it happened back when I was child and I am now an adult. I dont think growing up I even knew it was wrong. Of course as I got older I knew it was but felt like there was nothing I could no about it or even knew what to do about it. I still dont, I recently started a journal and started off with my story in it. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done but it seemed to help. I am hoping to talk with people and hear their stories of over coming and moving on with their lives. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope to talk soon.

Hello huskers911,

welcome to AfterSilence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here. I hope being here will help you in your journey to heal,. If you need any help getting around the board, please contact me

take care , Paula :hi:

Hi Huskers, I'm so sorry for what you experienced and that you have to carry the confusion these things cause with you. I think its so brave of you to begin finding your voice through it, and to untangle some of what happened. As scary as it is, talking about it really does help, and AS is a beautiful and safe, supportive space to do so. I hope you find some peace and comfort here as I know I have. Welcome, both to AS, and also to a huge step in your healing journey. I'm proud of you.

• 5 months later...

Welcome!