Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New to everything

Guest bplc2004

Guest bplc2004

Hi. I am new to everything dealing with my abuse. I am 29 and have a 2 year old and a 5 mth old. I was about 8 and my cousin was 14 when my sexual abuse started as a child. honestly I am not sure how long it lasted. I realize I need to contact someone to talk to professionally, but I am not even sure where to begin. I am really starting to remember things and it is beginning to affect my relationship with my husband more and more each day. Can someone offer some suggestion!

(((bplc2004))) Welcome to AfterSilence. I'm sorry youare dealing with so much. We are here for you. I hope you can find a good psychologist or therapist in your area... a good one makes all the difference. We're always here if you wanna chat too... but by no means replace profession help. I'm glad you found your way here. I hope you find healing and support here as I have! I'm proud of you for coming here! Take care!

much love, clarissa

Hi and welcome to After Silence. I'm glad you have found us.

You can contact <a href="http://www.rainn.org" target="_blank">RAINN</a> at 1-800-656-HOPE. They can provide you with wonderful support and resources in order for you to find a professional you can talk to.

Know that we are also here to walk with you through this healing journey. You are not alone. Feel free to post your thoughts/feelings. Letting things out of your system makes a huge difference.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

(((bplc))) Welcome to After Silence. This site is filled with warm and supportive people. There is always someone here ready to listen. Be kind to yourself. There is hope in healing. Remember, you are not alone.

:)

Guest Madonna

Well, you've made a great first step by coming here and sharing this. That took extreme courage. You should find a therapist whom you feel really comfortable with. I had a great one before I moved and she helped me a lot. Also continue to post here at your own pace. It feels good to have people to talk to who have been through similar situations. You feel far less alone.

I hope to be talking to you again :-)

Madonna

Hi, welcome to after silence.

As Madonna has siad, it took a great deal of courage to be here and share part of your story with us. It is a start. Be patient with yourself, take one step at a time. You will know when you are ready to deal with everything, and yes, a good therapist would help you to release what you need to when you are ready to do so.

Wendy

Guest bplc2004

Thank you so much. I ent into the Rainn website suggested and I have given my info to a local group. They suggested a long term therapist...not sure what that means but, here i go, i guess...