Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New, Lonely And Really, Really, Really Scared

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm a survivor and I thought I had gotten my life back on a good track after struggling for decades.However I have never really dealt with the abuse stuff and suddenly I'm scared all the time, 24-7. It's hard to eat, sleep and be with other people. And even though I have good people supporting me, I feel very, very lonely. It's hard for me to understand what's going on. How can I expect them to? I really don't know what to do so I try to reach out here even though I'm terrified just by the thought.

Dandeliongirl

Hi Dande....Me too :) Wonder around, read stories and tell yours when you are ready. Its ok.....I'm kinda going through something like you. Here it is safe and you will find understanding, probably give it too. I have been holding that beachball under water for 30 years and it just keeps surfacing. I am getting too weak to keep it under water and so I came here seeking help. I can't tell you how all the different people on here are amazing, you'll have to experience it for yourself. ((((safe hugs if ok))))

Hi Dandeliongirl. Justwokeups advice is spot on. Your first few days on here are hard because your lost, you want to tell your story but dont know how or are afraid to and you just dont know where to turn. So just start reading others stories and you'll start feeling at home. You'll soon realise that there are MANY stories out there and they all differ in nature, severity (which is not to say less severe means less painful to the individual), type and every other way. But the important part, and the bit that makes this forum works, is that despite the different circumstances, many of the thoughts, feelings, problems and issues written here are the same. Add to that that each and every person on here is struggling to come to terms with what happened to them or struggling to maintain a "normal" life, that is why we are all here. Here to listen to others and help and support them along the way. Here to read others stories and feel less alone, less frightened and hopefully over time less likely to blame ourselves for what happened to us. And here if we wish to share our own story and be supported by others (I havent plucked up the courage yet so dont feel in a rush...its at your discretion and your pace). I only recently spoke out about an event from my past which happened a long long time ago and when I did, my life fell apart just like you describe. I couldnt cope with all the thoughts and feelings that had been locked away for so long and was in a mess. But over time and with a lot of help I started picking up the pieces. Im still not that far along the track, thats why Im on here looking for answers and support, but things are a whole lot better than they were and they can be for you too. Youve just taken the first step!!! Take care and stay strong.

B x

Hi Dandelion. I too am new here. I found this site because I too recently starting started having issues again after years of being "ok". I have never dealt with what happened and now suddenly I'm having a tough time dealing with everything. It seems to constantly be on my mind again. Being on here has been really helpful. Just reading other people's posts is a help. There are also amazing articles on here to read. Hope you find the support you are looking for on here

Hi Dandeliongirl,

welcome to After silence, My name is Paula, one of the newbie support team here. I want you to know that you are not alone here. Give yourself time to settle in here, share when you feel able to, and if you need any help with the board, please contact me

take care, Paula :hi:

• 5 months later...

Welcome.

You are not alone.

We feel the way you do.

Found