Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Reaching Out...

Hello,

i am thinking about reaching out for help to someone from my church. Just to tell someone and see what I should do. But I am terrified. I am not sure that I can do it. Tell anyone. I am terrified. I'm thinking about cancelling.

I reached out for some support groups. But they were eithe ron days that I couldnt make or I had to make an appointment with a counselor. I wasnt (I am not) ready for anyone else to put an ID to what happened. I dont want the puty stares or worse, the judgment stares.

But if I dont deal with it, reach out for help i will carry this forever. The pain, fear, dullness has become a comfort. It protects me. With those I will never be in a relationship where this can happen again. Besides the above concerns, getting help could take those away. Making me vulnerable. I dont want that.

I think I just talked myself out of the appointment. I am cancelling. Please help. Please pray.

Just a suggestion for a filter I use for myself - if the idea of talking to someone gives you anxiety, don't do it. It's too soon, or not the right person/place. For me I have found there are at least three places inside me that need healing: mind, body & spirit. Don't be afraid to ask for what you need in a place you feel safe, like here, for any of those topics. On the spirit side, I struggle from time to time with feeling abandoned by God, by feeling I need to be made whole again by Him, and that only He can make me feel clean in a way that no shower ever will. So instead of seeking out my church, instead I look to His word. I would be happy to share any of what I have found helpful with you, if you want.

Be good to yourself.

• 4 months later...

Welcome!