Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

1St Therapy

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know I started with a therapist last week after keeping this secret for so long. It felt really good to finally start talking about all these terrible feelings I've had basically my whole life. I'm going to keep going and I just wanted to thank everyone here for their support and encouragement. It's weird. Ever since revealing this awful secret, I've actually been sleeping better and looking forward to every day. Of course, dealing with this is as hard as it has ever been, but for the first time, I feel like there is a way out. Everything is getting better. Thank you all and best of luck in your own journeys.

So glad to hear some good news! I'm glad you were able to get it off your chest. I hope it's empowered you. It takes a lot of courage to take that step. Best of luck!!

JJA,

I'm glad that releasing your secret has been beneficial to you. It is not easy letting the bad stuff out, but it is very important to do. Best wishes with therapy and I hope your journey continues on a good path.

Mary

Hi JJA,

Congratulations on starting your therapy :)

It sounds like it is really helping you, and I am happy that you will be continuing with it.

I also felt relieved when I would speak with my therapist about my past trauma.

I am also very happy that you are sleeping better, and looking forward to each day.

In between therapy sessions, I also found it helpful to Journal my feelings, which also helped relieve some of my past pain.

Best of luck in your own Journey :notalone::supportu::bighug: If OK

Hi JJA - yes, these secrets I don't think are good to keep... they will get you in one way or another & I think best to share and deal with them in safe spaces... all the very best! - marz

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know I started with a therapist last week after keeping this secret for so long. It felt really good to finally start talking about all these terrible feelings I've had basically my whole life. I'm going to keep going and I just wanted to thank everyone here for their support and encouragement. It's weird. Ever since revealing this awful secret, I've actually been sleeping better and looking forward to every day. Of course, dealing with this is as hard as it has ever been, but for the first time, I feel like there is a way out. Everything is getting better. Thank you all and best of luck in your own journeys.

Welcome to AS (after silence) and I wish you good luck with your therapy too!

Activist Ally

Hi, and welcome--

I'm new too, and newly on this journey of healing. I was just able to start therapy last summer, and it has exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds. It has been extremely difficult, but it feels like I am putting myself back together from fragments, like one of those really hard 3D puzzles, but the pieces keep moving and I have no clue what the thing is supposed to look like when it's done. I am relearning how to be myself.

Anyway, glad you're here—take care of yourself.