Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Needing help

I am new and just needing some help. I'm not very computer smart so I don't really know how to use this site. I just need someone to talk to who understands what I am going through right now. I have been having some fierce flash backs and really just need to vent. Please help.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by aquapit]

((((aquapit)))) Welcome to After Silence. I am glad you found your way here to our group. I do understand and can relate to the intensity of the flashbacks. They leave me shaking, soaked w/sweat and sometimes near passing out. I Don't know about you but sometimes I end up in panic attacks because of the flashbacks. You do not journey alone, we are here to walk with you. Take your time. Be kind to yourself as you heal :)

Thank you for reminding me that I'm not alone in this...it feels like it once in a while. I am so happy that I found this place. Reading some of the stories here reminds me that even though I have been through a lot in my life there are others that have gone through much more than I have and everyone here gives me strength and courage to go on. I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse by a close friend of the family. My brain thought it best to protect me by locking these memories away until I was about 15 and ever since then I have horrible flashbacks that leave my totally drained and feeling dead to the world. I have a wonderful mother and husband that would welcome me to share my memories with them but I just can't bring myself to paint those pictures for them. Is this wrong? I don't want to tell my mother what happened to me because she blames herself for letting this happen and I can't tell my husband because...well I just can't. I welcome all thoughts on this...help is always needed. Again, thank you.

(((aquapit))) WElcome to After Silence. I'm sorry you have to endure so much pain. But i am glad you found your way here. I hope you find healing and support as i have. We are here for you always! You are not alone, sweetie. I get really awful flashbacks too, and they are so scary. But the thing that helps me is when i come out of a flashback or nightmare, i keep reminding myself that i am safe now. Hang on to something that reminds you that you are safe..for me, it's my cross necklace. As for finding it hard to share with you mom or husband, i totally understand. My mom always blames herself too. My boyfriend is really supportive though. I find that a counsellor is really incredible too. A good one helped do wonders with my healing. We are also here to help and be here for you. *hugs* i hope this helps a little. Again, please let me know if you ever need anything!

love clarissa