Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Okie To Site........

:( Hi, my name is Denene and I am a 47 year old adult woman that was sexually assaulted December 11th, 2010 by a family friend. I grew up with his children and his family and my family was always together. We would go to their house when growing up to eat and the children would all play together. I went to school with his children and even his son and daughter was in our wedding.

He was to auction a house that I grew up in off this day, I never got closure to the house, and this was the house that we lived in when my father passed away. I needed closure before the house sold again. I contacted him the night prior to ask and he said come at 8:30-9:00am and he would be there. I was planning and my hopes to walk through the house put closure to it and that was it. I though got sexually assaulted instead in that home. The memories of good are gone now at least for now and only the memories of what happened that December morning is in that home for me.

I reported it to the Sheriff Dept. and they sent to the OSBI (Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation), It finally went to the District Attorney's office but due to the conflict of interest due to the son of the one that assaulted me is the Assistant District Attorney so then it has to be re-assigned to another district. Finally this happened and now for one reason or another the district where it is sitting on it. I think next two weeks I will know more on what is going to happen with the case close to 1 year later but could be worse I know.

I have been going to counseling but the place had budget cuts so I am not getting any counseling there anymore. I had gone to the women's shelter but they are so flakey and have accused me of it too. I have been going to group therapy and more than 3 times now in a short time I would be on my way a 20-30 min drive to it and would be almost there and they would call or text me or would let me know when I got there that it would be a closed meeting for those living at the shelter ONLY! They wait till the last minute to notify me and with the gas prices and I don't work and can't work due to disability that isn't related to the assault and don't have money to waste on gas to drive there and for no reason and have to drive all the way home again.

I am right now trying to survive and be my own therapist, I am reading "Courage To Heal" & working in the workbook as well, plus just got the book "After The Trauma" workbook AWESOME! I highly recommend both of these books!! I can't afford counseling it is $125 the first time and then after anywhere from $80-$100.00 and with being limited on income I am looking for some place that will take what I can give for sessions or etc till I can find out if I can get approved for Victims Compensation to help get my therapy sessions paid for by the state, and also meds for my PTSD.

I went to the one place where they said budget cuts, I did get diagnosed with PTSD, I also am getting medications to help with my PTSD, Anxiety, panic attacks and depression and sleep meds to help me be able to sleep and help with the nightmares that I have nightly.

Well I feel I am rattling on and on. If you would like to respond to me personally I can be reached Denene_Harper@Hotmail.com and I have a blog you can check out as well if you like it can be found at:

http://denene-harper.blogspot.com/

Edited by Servicedogmom2011

That is a lot to deal with and the stress must be exhausting. I commend your courage and drive! I have one of those books, but just start and stop reading it. Not really a self-starter myself. Or finisher if you prefer. I hope the state agrees to pay for your therapy soon. If your income is low enough, there should be no problem. Wow, you are really doing everything you can and more to overcome this horrible situation and, again, I just want to say how very strong you seem. However the court case turns out, just keep moving in the right direction and, someday, you will make it to a place where your life will be better. We are all doing that. Everyday I look at the same four walls and things seem to be going very slowly, but there are times on this site that some post gives me insight into something, and my hope is renewed, my strength to move on comes back, and I feel like envisioning a better life down the road. The road to healing is a long one, full of ups and downs, but believe me, it does get better. Keep trying. I don't have all the right words tonight, but I hope you will come back and talk with others and find what you need.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hello

Welcome to AS :flowers:

Sam

I loved the courage to heal book and workbook. For the longest time the courage to heal book was under my pillow so I could reach it when I had a nightmare. It helped me feel so much less alone. And helped me understand myself so much.

I hope AS helps.

Hi Denene, welcome to AS :flowers:

I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this and receive so little support too. For that I am so glad that you have found this place, and hope that you will post and reach out for aupport when you need to

All the best

:hug:

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found