Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi...

Atlas

Hello. I kind of dislike introduction posts becaus I never know what to say. I've only just started talking about *it* and I still don't know how to do it. I always fear what I'm writing is disgusting or too detailed or triggering or has actually nothing to do with the topic this forum is for and no one will understand what made me think I could have a reason to be here. I dunno. I don't know much at the moment.

Hope you have a good day.

Welcome to After Silence. I call my childhood and the horrible things that happened then "It" too. Even in therapy. I can't think of a better name. I hope you find AS to be as helpful and supportive as I have over the years. It's made a huge difference in my life.

Hello. I kind of dislike introduction posts becaus I never know what to say. I've only just started talking about *it* and I still don't know how to do it. I always fear what I'm writing is disgusting or too detailed or triggering or has actually nothing to do with the topic this forum is for and no one will understand what made me think I could have a reason to be here. I dunno. I don't know much at the moment.

Hope you have a good day.

Hello Atlas,

Welcome to AS (after silence)! I think your intro was just fine and I want to thank you for saying hello!

It's okay to talk about "it" or to not talk as you like...there is no rule or expectation about anything you share and we want you to only share as much as you feel comfortable doing. This is a safe place to talk about what happened and in the appropriate forum (such as 'share my story') and with trigger warnings you needn't fear that whatever you say will be too triggering. It's okay if some of what you have to express that is troubling you is not related to the topic of this forum - I trust that we will be supportive of you no matter what extra challenges you are facing and I believe whatever it is you are dealing with is worthy of support okay?

Take your time and go as slowly as you need as you find your way around. I hope you have a good day too...

With support,

Activist Ally

Atlas,

It is not easy to talk about, I have much trouble still talking about it. I was able to write down my ugly story, but I am still unable to post it. I think we might put too much pressure on ourselves to do things quickly, that it is the only way to heal. But healing is a journey that starts with one small step. Coming here is your first step, so that is an accomplishment.

All our stories are disgusting, some are vividly detailed (personally, I have some memory gaps, but what I remember is vivid), and are often very triggering. You are not alone feeling this way. But please remember that all these things are not you, they are what happened to you. You didn't deserve any of the pain you have and everyone here supports you. We do understand and you are not alone.

Mary

:supportu:

Edited by MeBeMary