Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Dont Know What I Feel...just Need To Tell Someone

kwheel

Hi,

When I was 11 I was molested by my moms close friend, an older man who was helping us financially as my step dad was an abusive drunk who wouldnt work and my mom had a list of mental problems (bipolar, schitz. etc...) and couldn't hold a job. because of the circumstances I didn't tell anyone and when custody of my brother and I was finally rewarded to my real dad who was stable I still received phone calls and messages through my mom from the man. I had nightmares for a while but still I never told. I'm 22 now I still haven't told anyone even my bf (and bff) of 5 years. I have a very strained relationship with my mother and have always debated on whether or not I should tell her that her only friend molested me. I recently found out that the man died and was considered a jewel of his community. Im not sure how I feel about this. I should feel happy i guess...maybe relieved. and i still don't know if I should tell my mother I mean it wouldn't change anything now why ruin her idea of this man that she's had for so long. Just thought this would be a good place to rant and maybe get some feed back before making a decision.

Thanks.

hello kwheel

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here. Yes this is a good place to rant, talk, get opinions and feedback, and of course, support too,

If you need any help with the board, please let me know, I will do my best to help

take care, Paula

My attacker is long dead but still see his face in my dream he hanut even in death. but i hope AS help you.

Same here, in April he will have been dead 3 years but I am still not *free*

I can relate to your indecision about telling your mother. My mother sexually abused me and I have yet to tell my father. I have a history of protecting him in a way. He is up in years and I don't know that it's worth putting him through that knowledge at this point. There are no easy answers, are there? I am glad you are dealing with this stuff at such a young age, though. I am in my fifties and just trying to wade through it all. Good luck to you and hang in there.

@Elizabeth2point0

no, there are definately not any easy answers but just knowing that im not alone in feeling this way makes me feel a little better. I feel pretty guilty for not telling my mother but I dont want to hurt her and then at the same time I do want to tell her because I think of some pretty terrible things she has done to me (not physically) and I think why should I care if it hurts her because she doesnt know that I know about the things shes done she thinks everything is hunky dory which i guess is my fault. Idk

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it.

• 3 months later...

Welcome!