Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Don't Know Where To Start But Here Goes *t*

Hello. I am not going to lie to you. I am anonymous here but I am still very nervous. I'll leave out my name, but I will say I am a 34 year old male. I have lived for the last 24 years in fear, anxiety and depression. I've suffered a good deal of bullying and a lot of emotional issues. I am going to leave out the details for now

I am a licensed therapist here in the USA and will share my story upon reaching my ten posts but I am a survivor of a childhood incident. I treat PTSD, complex trauma and GAD as my speciality but I never thought I would be the one on this side of it. When I was 10 years old I was molested by my friend's mother and it changed my life in ways I will explain when I open that forum

I look forward to all of your counsel and meeting you all

Edited by Foxface

Hello Foxface

welcome to After Silence

my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here. I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help with anything please let me know

take care, Paula

Hello Foxface, welcome to this group. It will make you realize you are not alone. I hope you also realize that the abuse was not your fault. It was not your fault.

Healing is a journey and takes time. Healing is possible. Go at your own pace. This is a good group. There is also a lot of information on the internet and public libraries that can be helpful to read. Are you seeing therapist? How is your support system? Do you have family members and/or friends who are supportive of you?

It is normal to feel the way you are feeling at present. I'm sorry you had to experience abuse. It is not fair. How are you coping? What is helping?

Being a therapist will give the opportunity to help others! That's great! There is an approach I have found very helpful in dealing with my issues. It is called "Acceptance and Commitment Therapy". I have found it very helpful. Have you read the book "Victims no longer" by Mike Lew?

Take care and keep in touch.

May you find healing!

:bow:

Thank you all for the welcome

Minerba I have not read that book. I am finishing the Unquiet Mind right now. Not at all about PTSD, but Bipolar

I have already found a simple divinity in AS in two short days. I walked into chat and people stopped and said, let's let Foxface talk...I mean how do I thank you all for that...I'll just have to do all I can to help others