Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Male Survivor (poss Triggs)

Guest Dan Dare

Guest Dan Dare

Hi I hope you dont mind me posting my blogsite address here.

Just in case any guys come in as there seems to be a majority of females in here.

Im 48? years of age

Married with two step daughters and four grandchildren.

I didnt speak about my abuse until I got sober at the age of forty which lasted eight years. I have a terrible relapse record. I have been drinking alcoholically since the age of fifteen. I became addicted to prescription drugs as well

I was expelled from secondary school whilst I was being actively abused, My family could be described at best as totally dysfunctional. I returned to my original abuser time and time again as he gave me all those things my parent didnt. I was abused by another six men in this particular group and I went on to prostitute myself. I have recently learnt that this is known as survival sex.

I am currently looking for a ghostwriter as I have not got the language skills although I'm working on it.

I would like to share my story with you

It can be found at http://www.waltonhop.blogspot.com

Please be aware that my story has triggers within please do not read it unless you feel grounded.

If you need help or more information regarding male sexual abuse visit

http://www.malesurvivor.org

Regards

Dan

Edited by Dan Dare
Guest queenie

((Dan))

Wow, I am so sorry for all you have gone through. We do have a few male survivors here and they are just as special to us as all of the female survivors. Thank you for posting your story and the informational site it is a very courageous thing to do. Welcome to the family I hope you find the healing here you are looking for. We are all here to support you anyway we can.

Best of Luck to you and your family,

:luck:

Jen

Welcome Dan,i hope u find more healing here & the other male survivours here r wonderful so i hope u stay on as part of this grownin "family".....

:hug: & :wub:

Sookie xoxox

Hi Dan! Welcome to After Silence... I'm so sorry for everything you have been through. Thank you for sharing so much with us. It was very brave and wonderful thing to do. You are not alone here, as Queenie said, we do have male survivors here and they are just as loved as the female survivors here. I hope you find this place to be as wonderful, safe, and supportive as I have. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Take precious care of yourself :hug:

:kitty: Tracy

Hi Dan

Welcome to AS.

I'm sorry you've gone through so much, and I'm glad you've found us here to help encourage healing.

Forgive me for not reading your story today as I'm a little triggered...But I promise I will read when I'm feeling a bit better so I can get an understanding to your pain.

:hug: Looking forward to getting to know you a little better

~Janene

Hi Dan.... :hug: welcome here. I am sorry for the pain and the struggles in your life, but it tales a lot of guts and courage to say what you have shared. just remember each day we all have choices to make... and sometimes we make the right ones, and sometimes we make the wrong ones... the most important thing is to get up after we fall and keep trying... it's the only way to succeed! :blush: Welcome again!

Hi Dan,

I would like to extend a welcome to you as well. I'm so sorry for the matters of the past that bring you here - but want to thank you for sharing your site with us. It is very informative and interesting. I've looked at it several times. I even have it book marked - I don't get much spare time - but the journal is very well written and very nice to read.

You said you were lookiing for a Ghost writer. Dan, I honestly do not believe you need one. You are not giving yourself enough credit - if you wrote that site - you can most certainly hold an audiances attention in a book. What has you stumped about writing your book? Is it a hard time putting all the pieces in a book format?

If you are having that issue with it - there are ways to get past that - but I wont' belabor something if it is not the matter you are struggling with. You did say the language - but from the sound of your writting - the language is good - I assure you. I'm a bit confused but intrigued.

I hope I have not offended you with anything I have said here - I mean no disrespect - just seriously think you would write a great book and would like to see that happen for you.

I hope this post finds you well,

Balue

Guest Abrolake

Heya Dan,

Wow, reading your post here sounded so familiar. I'm also a male survivor that spent the better part of my youth trying desperately to destroy myself by proxy. What I've not smoked, I've injected, drank, or inhaled. I was in and out of jail so much as a teen-ager the police kept a pillow and blanket warm for me. It took over fifteen years for me to find out that I wasn't just going through a phase then, but was trying to get someone else to punish me for the guilt I felt. If there was a rule or a boundary I could cross, I was there with running shoes.

The bottom line to this is that similar shadows and terrors as you've fended off have haunted and hunted others out here. That big-ass boat you've been paddling around in isn't empty. We're here in it with you. If there's anything we might be able to do or confirm for you to help you heal, please jump at it? You're not alone, Dan, and what you've done was the product of the abuse, not your own intrinsic desires. In other words, had the abuse not occurred, had there been a supporting network of family, you never would have gone into prostitution. These are things I'm still learning to accept for myself. The crimes I committed, the people I've hurt, were a product of the abuse. I look at my son, at the life I may have had were I not the target of a predator, and it helps me understand more about my own life.

We're all here for ya, Dan. Each and every person here, I believe, would love nothing more than for one of us to step completely out of the darkness that binds us together. Welcome, and remember, you're among friends you can finally trust.

:bighug: Abrolake

(((Dan))) Welcome to the group. I am sorry for all you have endured. This is a wonderful place to be while on your healing journey. Here, you will not travel alone. We are here to support you in any way that we can :hug:

We are a group of people who give small amounts of hope and support as we can and we hope you can be a part of this wonderful group of people and that it helps you :hug: