Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Surviving And Thriving, But New And Nervous, Too!

thriver

Hello, Everyone! I've just joined AS and have been watching the boards for a while. I feel like such a fraud sometimes. I have my own website, blog and am writing a book. I want to reach out, get support and help others, too (partially to give meaning to my abuse). But this huge forum of so many survivors intimidates the heck out of me. I've been nervous about letting people contact me--I've got comments turned off on my blog and all I've got on my website is a guestbook. Part of my fear is that my perps are still walking around free out there. But, also, there's still this little girl inside that hates to have anyone mad at her. My first posting experience was just recently on the Lifetime TV boards, discussing "For the Love of a Child." I'm so glad to see more awareness and support for groups like Childhelp, but the boards got kinda out of control with some of the posters. Even tho the moderator eventually deleted such messages, some posters were attacking each other. It was hard for me to see. This looks like a compassionate, supportive group. I hope I will find strength and courage here, and give some to others, too.

Hey there,

You have just demonstrated great courage and strength by doing something you have so far found to be to difficult to do.. well done!

Brian

:wub: Thanks! I already feel welcomed and less anxious!

(((Thriver))))

Welcome to AS...it's understandable to be nervous when you first join, I felt the same way but I assure you AS is a wonderful place full of people who'll help and support you as best they can. Just take your time and get comfy round here and I'm sure you'll grow to love this place as much as I do. :)

:hug::hug::hug:

I'm sure you aren't alone in you way of thinking. We are all very cautious and rightfully so. Just take you time and look around. That is what I've been doing, I'm new to this site also. I feel like the new kid in school, but not for long, there is always someone else coming abroad, sorry to say. So, welcome.

Addie

Thanks for the welcoming warm wishes! So far, I think this message board is amazing! My wish for every survivor is that he/she can find a place like this to break the isolation and find validation and compassion. I've just added a link to AfterSilence from my website: www.survivorscanthrive.com. I hope that's okay and hope it may lead some folks here who need to talk.

(((Thriver))))

Welcome to AS...it's understandable to be nervous when you first join, I felt the same way but I assure you AS is a wonderful place full of people who'll help and support you as best they can. Just take your time and get comfy round here and I'm sure you'll grow to love this place as much as I do. :)

:hug::hug::hug: