Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Emotional Numbness

I feel like I am fine most of the time but then every week or so I get this rush of anger then overwhelming sadness and then emotionally numb. I am experiencing the numbness now. It just feels as if im empty and hopeless and that I could just lay on my back and do nothing for hours.

does anyone else experience this or has experienced it?

I have the same numbness sometimes. I have found for me, as hard as it can be, getting out of the house and in a different environment helps. I have certain "triggers" that bring the experience back to me. I usually have a close friend or family member with me in case I freak out. If I don't do this I end up trying not to think about it, which of course does the exact opposite and I can't get it out of my mind.

Hello,

Welcome to AS (After Silence) from the NST (Newbie Support Team). We're here to help if you need anything so please feel free to message me if you have questions okay?

With support,

Activist Ally