Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Any Room For A Newbie?

• 15 years later...
On 6/14/2007 at 6:46 PM, Capulet said:

My best friend gave me the link to this site and I signed up yesterday. A little about me - I'm 28 years old and my hubby and I have four kids (two were his from a previous marriage, and then we had two of our own) and one dog and three insane cats. We're all crammed under a teeny-tiny roof somewhere in the city of New York.

For now I am a stay-home mom to a beautiful 1-year-old while the rest of the kids are in school...after three o'clock, things get REALLY interesting around here. :) I'm also a starving author, and writing seems to be my outlet for many things. (Easier than talking, ain't it?) Another thing that gets me through life is HUMOUR - and I'm often accused of being sarcastic. Please be advised that I never use it to be vicious, but more so to make people laugh. It's important to me that we all stop and remember to smile at the silliness life has to offer!

I suppose there's more to me, but I like to remain a little bit of a mystery until I know some of you a bit better. :) Feel free to ask me anything that hasn't been clarified here. :) (Open book and all that!)

Gosh Cappy. Seems like you've come a long, long way since. I was curious how you introduced yourself. Now you're about to get married to your love (or maybe you already tied the knots?) and finished school. An inspiration! 

@WannaMoveOn,

Oh, my!!!!!!  🫢 How long it’s been!!!

Yes, lots of changes. The husband went bye-bye in 2009 and the wife (I’m remarried now!) and I tied the knot last weekend. 😉   It definitely took a while to get here but I am in a good place.

Thanks for the chuckle.  And for letting me know you felt inspired!! ❤️

- Cappy

2 hours ago, Capulet said:

@WannaMoveOn,

Oh, my!!!!!!  🫢 How long it’s been!!!

Yes, lots of changes. The husband went bye-bye in 2009 and the wife (I’m remarried now!) and I tied the knot last weekend. 😉   It definitely took a while to get here but I am in a good place.

Thanks for the chuckle.  And for letting me know you felt inspired!! ❤️

- Cappy

Awn! Well, I guess things are supposed to change in 15 years, but you've kinda switched lives, in a positive way. I hope have too in 15 years. 

6 hours ago, WannaMoveOn said:

Awn! Well, I guess things are supposed to change in 15 years, but you've kinda switched lives, in a positive way. I hope have too in 15 years. 

I am sure you will, hun!!! ❤️❤️❤️

We are a constantly evolving species. Every few years, I’d say.  😉  Ya know, the strange thing about change - we sometimes cringe at the thought.  Many of us (including myself) don’t like changes - especially drastic ones.  I was not a very happy person back then, was just trying to maintain the facade for the sake of the people around me - ex-hubby, the kids…I found AS about a year before the separation/divorce and things would get much worse before they improved.

I’m glad I embraced these changes!

💕

- Cap

1 minute ago, Capulet said:

and things would get much worse before they improved.

I think sometimes this is the hardest part of healing.  very often things do at least feel worse before they get better.  When we are healing we can no longer continue to ignore all the wounded parts so the pain is much more present, at least for a moment.  

30 minutes ago, Six_times_seven said:

I think sometimes this is the hardest part of healing.  very often things do at least feel worse before they get better.  When we are healing we can no longer continue to ignore all the wounded parts so the pain is much more present, at least for a moment.  

Absolutely, @Six_times_seven!!!

I was married to a man who didn’t support healing - at least, his version was, ‘forget it and move on.’  We all know that’s not possible.  I’m very glad I moved on from him - I will never be able to forget my trauma but I feel better about healing in general - it is a slow but sure process - especially when done with adequate support. ❤️