Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Sad To See..

is anyone other than me bothered by the fact that there are so many new members here?because what exactly does that say?..so freaking sad..and..horrible. so..i found this page once before, but never came back and now?..well?..i needed to come back to find people that can understand...but..where to start? i am so overwhelmed by the sheer number of posts..what to read or post first...any suggestions would be nice...blessed be to all

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone::bighug: if OK

start gently, with maybe just the fun games, then maybe something like todays victories, random thought dump until you feel comfortable enough to maybe answer a post or post something yourself.

just dove in and started answering some posts...the pain of others hurts..but..im a helper person..if sharing some of what has helped me through the years..what i have learned..can help others....then..this is what i can do...

Hi Silver,

Welcome back to AS. Yes, the number of new members every day is very sad. I never realized before I got here how many of us there actually is, and we are just the ones that come forward and was willing to seek a place like this out. On the positive side, many of us felt alone before coming here, and that is no longer true. If you haven't seen already, this is a very supportive site with many kind people.

Glad you got past your original nerves and started to post. Everyone tends to be nervous at first because of how heavy most the topics get. The one thing I learned is to go at your own pace. There is no right time span for healing, as long as you do what is right for you. Good luck on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Edited by MeBeMary

Well, yes, it is sad. But it also makes it easier to validate your own experience, which for some of us feels so 'out there' and isolating that we think we are the only person in the world it can have happened to. The reality is, there are many people suffering from the after effects of sexual violence. I think being able to talk about it with people who've gone through similair things is quite therapeutic.

Hello silverlionsun,

welcome back
to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the Newbie support team here,
I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need anyhelp with anything, please let me or one of the team know and we will do our
best to help if we can

yes it can be overwhelming to see all the new posts here, but it does mean that people are seeking support in a safe place, so that's a positive thing,

take care, Paula

Edited by angelic
  • 2 weeks later...