Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Firefox Problems?

Hiya

This isn't directly linked to AS but is a lot linked as I use firefox to access AS. Every time firefox does a software update, it then stops me being able to connect to the internet through it! This is really irritating as I use firefox most for AS and I don't feel comfortable accessing AS through AOL after having a lot of problems.

I can't remember how I fixed it last time. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening, and if you do can you guide me through how to fix this?

thanks

teazle

Firefox should download the updates while you browse and then install them next time you restart it, so it shouldn't stop you from browsing while it is downloading updates, Maybe you can try the New Beta version of FireFox3, which you can download from the Mozilla website.

Other then that I can't really think of anything :hug:

Maybe you could take a screen shot of what is happening and post it or PM it to me and I might be able to give some better advice.

Take care Teazle :flowers:

John

sorry you are having comp problems teazle - hope youget it fixed soon

by the way how do you take a screen shot??

karen

Hi Teazle,

You've probably tried this, but have you tried to reboot after Mozilla updates? Hopefully I think that should clear any problems.

I use Firefox and haven't had these problems myself. :crossfingers:

Atlantis

I've got the beta version and I just restarted my computer and everything works fine now, thanks both of you!

And karen, to take a screen shot you press

Fn and Prnt Scrn and it takes a shot of what you are looking at and then you can paste it into a word document or an email.

If you don't understand, ask someone else cos i'm not very good at explaining stuff like that!

I've got the beta version and I just restarted my computer and everything works fine now, thanks both of you!

Fn and Prnt Scrn and it takes a shot of what you are looking at and then you can paste it into a word document or an email.

If you don't understand, ask someone else cos i'm not very good at explaining stuff like that!

I've had problems sometimes with Firefox updates. It was my firewall. It worked correctly if I deleted my firewall rule for FF and recreated it, nothing else did.

Ken

Well I found the prnt scm but wher the heck is fn??!!

Glad you got the problem sorted

best wishes

karen

hmmmph!! I don't seem to have that one!!

I have two little flaggy pictures and one I have no idea what it does but if I press it may comp my turn into a washing machine so I am leaving it alone!!

best wishes

karen

Edited by dodo

Keep looking, it must be there somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've looked it up on google and everything seems to suggest its on the bottom row, next to the ctrl button either to the left or the right of it

Edited by teazle
(FuNction key) A keyboard key that works like a shift key to activate the second function on a dual-purpose key, typically found on laptops to reduce keyboard size. It is different than the function keys F1, F2, etc. It is also a real nuisance when the PageUp and PageDn keys are placed on the Up and Down Arrow keys and have to be activated by pressing the Fn key.

kk, I got Shift :P

Not to mention, I don't use a lappy, but desktop :laugh3:

Edited by Saltywaters

I've had problems sometimes with Firefox updates. It was my firewall. It worked correctly if I deleted my firewall rule for FF and recreated it, nothing else did.

Ken

That happens because every time firefox updates, the .exe changes and your firewall sees it as something new.

hmmmph!! I don't seem to have that one!!

I have two little flaggy pictures and one I have no idea what it does but if I press it may comp my turn into a washing machine so I am leaving it alone!!

best wishes

karen

I don't have an fn button either but to take a screen shot just hit the Prt Scrn button then open a paint program and paste your picture.

:flowers:

Thank you yuki I will play with that later!!

I am on my desk top - so that is prob why I dont have an fn key - I did press the 2 flaggy ones - that took me back to the start menu - and the one the looks like a washing machine with the door open - seems not to do anything when pressed!!

karen