Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New And Unsure

I dont know how much this website is going to help. I was raped 3 years ago and Im still really angry about it, I dont know how to deal with it and I dont know who to talk to so, hopefully I can gain support and some knowledge here.

meg

Welcome to AS, Meg. I'm so glad you're here! This is a great website to find understanding, support, and validation. You are not alone... we are all here for each other. I hope you find what you're looking for.

:flowers: BB

Welcome Meg! We're glad to have you.

You have every right to be angry. What happened to you should never happen to anyone.

AS won't solve your problems, but I hope it can be a tool in your healing.

Love and support,

-Elle :flowers:

Welcome to AS

This site is wonderful. There is much support floating around and up for grabs. However, it will not work magic. Healing comes from inside. AS can just be a tool along the way.

Hope you stick around,

Melissa

Doesn't it? I think it's awesome!

:hug:

:) I'm glad you're liking it!

I'm new here. this is my 2nd day ... I never really opened up or faced what happened to me in the past. I hope this www will definitely help me too. Perhaps meet new friends etc.

Welcome to the AS community! :aswelcomesu:

I'm fairly new around here to, but I can already tell you... AS is a wonderful place and you'll find all the support in the world here. :notalone:

Take good care and stay safe,

Hanne

Meg-

I'm sorry your having to deal with with, I wish you the best. Have you ever spoken to someone yet in a counseling session in person? I can understand your pent up anger and am having trouble myself. Does this person still have contact with you an anyway? I hope not and that while you are dealing with the emotional you are at least in a physically safe place.

I don't know if you sought treatment but Sexual Trama Services will typically offer free counseling-you can google them at www.stsm.org (that may send you to the one that cover SC where I live but I'm sure they have a link). Only trying to help, I am looking for it myself. My rape kit was completed at 8 AM this morning and I can't sleep for obvious reasons.

-JCF

Meg-

I'm sorry your having to deal with with, I wish you the best. Have you ever spoken to someone yet in a counseling session in person? I can understand your pent up anger and am having trouble myself. Does this person still have contact with you an anyway? I hope not and that while you are dealing with the emotional you are at least in a physically safe place.

I don't know if you sought treatment but Sexual Trama Services will typically offer free counseling-you can google them at www.stsm.org (that may send you to the one that cover SC where I live but I'm sure they have a link). Only trying to help, I am looking for it myself. My rape kit was completed at 8 AM this morning and I can't sleep for obvious reasons.

-JCF

Meg-

-JCF

I havent sought any kind of counsling yet. I am to worried about being judged. I know that they are there to listen and help, but Im just scared. I am not in contact with that person any longer, not for 3 years since it happened. I'm very sorry to hear of what has happened to you, I understand what you are going through and its not easy, but as they say, your not alone, feel free to message me whenever.

Meg

I understand what you mean about being afraid of being judged - that was definitely my biggest fear in talking about what happened. If you try to find a counselor that you get along well with and who you feel comfortable around, it might become easier to think about opening up. It doesn't have to happen until you feel ready, though. And you won't be judged here - PM me if you ever want to talk :)

Meg-

-JCF

I havent sought any kind of counsling yet. I am to worried about being judged. I know that they are there to listen and help, but Im just scared. I am not in contact with that person any longer, not for 3 years since it happened. I'm very sorry to hear of what has happened to you, I understand what you are going through and its not easy, but as they say, your not alone, feel free to message me whenever.

Meg

I hope that you will consider meeting with a counselor, it just seemed that saying my story over and over again to the police, the counselor and the doctors I noticed that my story and the details never changed. Recognizing that has helped with the self doubt and recognition that this SHOULD NOT of happened. Have you talked about with anyone in person-ever said it out loud? You cannot blame yourself, I know that even though I was reckless to allow a stranger to sleep on my couch that I didn't invite him to violate me. There is a RAINN hotline you can call for free counseling services, its 1.800.656.4673, they sent someone to be with me during my examination. The police and the counselors WILL NOT BLAME YOU, don't get me wrong I understand your fear--there is now an investigation being done by the police and one of my neighbors is being contacted--of course I'm scared what they will say and what my attackers defense will be.

Do you get physically checked out? Have you been tested since or are you still holding the fear of sexually transmitted disease as well? I was "fortunate" during my examination there was not presence of sperm-I was pretty sure all he had attempted to do was oral and manual penatration but couldn't be sure since I was out cold due to naturally being a heavy sleeper plus an extensive amount of alcohol.

I hope you can find some internal piece with this if it will make you feel better to discuss the attack I'm all ears. Neither of us will ever be comfortable with the acts of these assholes because they are illegal and they had not right to violate anyone. You've been holding on to this for a long time.

-Johnna

Meg-

-JCF

Meg

I hope that you will consider meeting with a counselor, it just seemed that saying my story over and over again to the police, the counselor and the doctors I noticed that my story and the details never changed. Recognizing that has helped with the self doubt and recognition that this SHOULD NOT of happened. Have you talked about with anyone in person-ever said it out loud? You cannot blame yourself, I know that even though I was reckless to allow a stranger to sleep on my couch that I didn't invite him to violate me. There is a RAINN hotline you can call for free counseling services, its 1.800.656.4673, they sent someone to be with me during my examination. The police and the counselors WILL NOT BLAME YOU, don't get me wrong I understand your fear--there is now an investigation being done by the police and one of my neighbors is being contacted--of course I'm scared what they will say and what my attackers defense will be.

Do you get physically checked out? Have you been tested since or are you still holding the fear of sexually transmitted disease as well? I was "fortunate" during my examination there was not presence of sperm-I was pretty sure all he had attempted to do was oral and manual penatration but couldn't be sure since I was out cold due to naturally being a heavy sleeper plus an extensive amount of alcohol.

I hope you can find some internal piece with this if it will make you feel better to discuss the attack I'm all ears. Neither of us will ever be comfortable with the acts of these assholes because they are illegal and they had not right to violate anyone. You've been holding on to this for a long time.

-Johnna

I know in my heart that no one will blame me, I know it wasnt my fault, I have come to terms with that much. However I feel like a huge tramp.... and I know thats odd, and wrong but.. its just my feelings. I dont have insurance right now, IM finding it hard to hold a job because I cry so much and I am so emotional. So seeing a counsler is a little hard at the present time.

I did get checked out after it happened and I am disease free thank heavens. I didnt tell my doctor why I was being tested I just did it, but I was so nervous (I had the test done about 2 years after it happened) that I called my mom crying after I got the test done, so I have said it out loud, and my mom knows about it, but its hard to talk to my mom about it. She was sexually abused as a child and it kills her that she couldnt protect me from this kind of pain.

I really do appreciate the kindess that you have showed me thus far and the open ears. I have had several people extend that to me and when I am ready to tell my story you can bet it will be here. Ive never felt so supported. And you can also always pm me if you need to talk or need a friend. Im always here.

Thanks

Meg :up:

Hi Meg,

I hope you find what you are looking for here. :) Sometimes we just need to know we are excepted and not alone.

****alas

Hello and welcome to After Silence :flowers:

Anger is a very normal part of the healing process, I was actually thrilled when I found my anger because I had spent so many years numb. Of course knowing how to healthfully deal with anger is very important. I too hope you can find good advice and help in your situation here.

Nicole :throb: