Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi There, I'm New

Hi, my name is Sarah. I'm not sure how this introduction thing works but I'm here for support, advice and hopefully I'm able to find peace with myself and what happened to me. I'm nervous to talk about what happened to me because I feel like it was insignificant and not as big an ordeal as what some have gone through... I'd like to be able to find someone, or people here, that I can talk to about things because I feel judged by the people I've told, and they make me feel worse about it. I just want to feel accepted and have support. Feel free to message me if you want, I'm not sure when I will be able to post about what happened. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and possibly respond.

Hey Sarah,

Im pretty new here too and so far I have not seen any judgement at all. I also have not really shared "My Story" yet because I am still not ready so I can relate.

I can tell you that if you need to chat with someone I am usually on every night at this time and I would be more the willing to listen. I wish you well on your journey to find peace.

Thank you ItsANewDay14, I'm glad I'm not alone in any of this. And in finding this forum, I have realized I am not alone at all.

I haven't seen any judgement here either, and it's nice to know that I've found somewhere where people are understanding. The few people in my life that I've told my story to, were the judgmental ones. Not all of them, but it hurt that any of them were not supportive in any manner.

I appreciate your response, and I wish you well too. Hopefully we will be able to share our stories and feel good about it. Also, thank you for offering to listen and talk to me.

((((((( Sarah )))))))))

No ones trauma is more or less significant than another, you will never find judgement here

only support and empathy.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone:

Edited by reglois

Welcome here, Stayingstrong,

Sorry for the circumstances that bring you here, but like everyone's said thus far, nothing but support and empathy here. No form of assault/abuse is insignificant. No pressure either as to when you open up, it's all on your own time. Best wishes as you continue forward in your healing journey!

Hello Sarah

Welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here. Please know that this is a safe and non-judgemental community here and I hope you will find a lot of support here. If you need any help with the board, please let me know and I will do my best to help

take care, Paula

• 2 months later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found