Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Newbie Saying Hello

Hello there, an introduction I am mom, a wife and I want to say a survivor of childhood stuff- but I don't feel much like a survivor. It has been 26 years since the last incident and yet there are times as if it feels like yesterday. I have tried all the typical therapy, in fact I see a therapist weekly, we focus only on the here and now. I don't have a bad life, not rich yet not poor either. I think I allow my mind to continously revictimize me as even though years can go by and I dont conciously think of the situations of the past- my life is far from very functional. Those times enter my mind, effect my life, my mothering and my ability to be a wife at times. I am hoping After Silence and the group in a whole will help me. I hope to find help in a different way then I have tried.

hellO!

Hello, Fruski :) ... (and Hello to Manyyearslater, too!) :)

Hello Fruski,

Welcome to AS! You have found a very supportive site. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary :youcanheal:

Manyearslater,

Welcome to AS, also. As I mentioned, this is a very supportive site. You will find many understand members. I wish you well.

Mary :notalone:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Welcome to AS (After Silence) from the NST (Newbie Support Team). We're here to help if you need anything so
please feel free to message me if you have questions okay?

With support,

Activist Ally