Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I Am New And I Am Healing

I am a 26 year old female who is a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I thought everything was okay because I graduated college and now have a rewarding career but things still were not right. There are many things that aren't right. The trauma has impacted my life more than I even knew until recently. What began my journey to empowerment was the fact that most of my relationships were unstable. Every type of relationship, whether it was a family member, friend, coworker and especially my relationship with myself lacked intimacy, was superficial and empty. I knew I had to start with myself to really work out my relationships.

Now, I am finally unraveling who I am and I am finally listening to my inner self. My healing process is in motion now. Some of things I have done so far is to increase my spirituality and to practice yoga. I am interested in Buddhism, especially mindfulness meditation and Christianity. I am not very religious but I use aspects and themes behind these religions to bring hope, strength and trust with myself and the world. After practicing mindfulness and yoga, I then wanted to dig even deeper into what was bothering me. I am seeing a therapist right now about once every 2-weeks. I have had about 5-6 sessions already. I have told a small amount of people about the abuse I suffered and every time I tell or address the pain...I feel freedom.

I know my journey to empowerment must go slow and steady. I expect that I may have times where I cannot be vigilant during recovery. I hope this forum would be another safe place I can reach out to when I need support and guidance; a sense of belonging. I grateful to have access to this kind of support.

PS. I have never, ever participated in a forum so if I am not using good forum etiquette or if there is any tips, please let me know!

Edited by ladyphlox

Hello Ladypholx,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you will find this site very supportive with many kind members. I am happy that you are comfortable with the steps that you have taken so far, and hope this site will help you make many more. I wish you well on this healing journey.

Mary

BTW...this was my first forum of any kind, too. Your etiquette seems fine, and if you have any concerns on what to post where, you will see some items pinned at the top of most forums to help you out. Also, Newbie Support Team and Moderators are a very helpful, if you have any problems or issues.

:youcanheal:

Mary,
I am already browsing threads and I can see inspiration at every corner! Thank you for the warm welcome and the tips! :cloud9:

HI Ladyphlox,

I'm a new member of the board also. I' sorry for evereything you ent through. Well done for working through things and deciding that you are going to take your life back from the things that bother you.

I'm only just starting this journey really but I found your words to be an inspiration to me. Well done and thank you.

Laura xx

Thank you, everyone for the warm welcome and praise. I am feeling proud of myself and I am motivated help myself and slowly share my story with others to bring hope to the world. It feels good that I am inspiring others. Thank you again.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a 26 year old female who is a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I thought everything was okay because I graduated college and now have a rewarding career but things still were not right. There are many things that aren't right. The trauma has impacted my life more than I even knew until recently. What began my journey to empowerment was the fact that most of my relationships were unstable. Every type of relationship, whether it was a family member, friend, coworker and especially my relationship with myself lacked intimacy, was superficial and empty. I knew I had to start with myself to really work out my relationships.

Now, I am finally unraveling who I am and I am finally listening to my inner self. My healing process is in motion now. Some of things I have done so far is to increase my spirituality and to practice yoga. I am interested in Buddhism, especially mindfulness meditation and Christianity. I am not very religious but I use aspects and themes behind these religions to bring hope, strength and trust with myself and the world. After practicing mindfulness and yoga, I then wanted to dig even deeper into what was bothering me. I am seeing a therapist right now about once every 2-weeks. I have had about 5-6 sessions already. I have told a small amount of people about the abuse I suffered and every time I tell or address the pain...I feel freedom.

I know my journey to empowerment must go slow and steady. I expect that I may have times where I cannot be vigilant during recovery. I hope this forum would be another safe place I can reach out to when I need support and guidance; a sense of belonging. I grateful to have access to this kind of support.

PS. I have never, ever participated in a forum so if I am not using good forum etiquette or if there is any tips, please let me know!

Welcome Ladyphlox!

It sounds like you are developing a number of wonderful healing techniques that you are using to assist you on your healing path! I share your interest in meditation, mindfulness, and yoga. I share your hope that this forum will be a safe and supportive place where you will feel accepted. I hope it will feel as if the members of AS are walking with you every step of the way towards your recovery.

If you should have any needs or questions I hope you will feel free to message myself or any other member of the Newbie Support Team as we are here to assist you!

With care,

Activist Ally

• 2 weeks later...

Activist Ally-- thank you for the welcome. It feels good to know that other people feel the same way and that we are not alone. Thank you.