Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Not A Day Goes By...

....that i dont think about it. its been two and a half years. for the first year and a half i refused to admit that what happened was actually what happened. i dont talk about my feelings good or bad usually so just typing this makes me feel sort of childish and pathetic. but i need to put my thoughts somewhere. ive never been good at keeping a diary. but sometimes i feel like i just need to write things down. id say dealing with it has gotten easier in that my hurting has become dull, but to say that it affects my relationships with others would be a monumental understatement.

I understand goodfaith, there's not a day that goes by where it doesn't cross my mind also. I know that it can get easier in time ... I also don't talk much only on AS but writing really does help! You are not childish or pathetic, not at all!! I know how hard all this is!! Keep writing it will help you sort through your feelings!!

Take care,

Janepp

Hi Goodfaith, I know what you mean, and I am sorry for what you are going through. I also am always thinking that enough time has passed, and I should be over it; but then I remind myself to try to be kinder and more understanding with myself. Anyway, I hope you are finding the support you need, and I am here with you.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you for your responses. this was my first post on here and since then i have been enjoying the support of this site. i have made a few posts since this one and it really does feel better to share bits of my story. i just wanted to share that i was on vacation last week and as vacations always are, it was a very relaxing break with two of my best friends. but not only was it physically relaxing, it was mentally relaxing. when i returned home and fell into a normal routine yesterday, i realized that it was the first day all week that the events of my past had crossed my mind. i couldn't help but smile at that and be hopeful that there will be days ahead where i won't think about it - and maybe it won't just be when i'm on vacation!

• 8 months later...

I understand how you feel.

thank you for sharing with us.

Found