Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Glad I Found You

I randomly found this site and after reading a lot of the posts I'm glad I joined.

I just want to introduce myself. I'm 21 years old and I have been through emotional and sexual abuse. It's been over a year now but I feel I am only just accepting what happened to me. For the longest time I was in denial but it just hit me out of nowhere. That's when I decided to tell my best friend. I do believe that talking about it did make it more real to me because now I can't pretend it's not there.

Now that I have started to think about it I can't stop and I forever feel like I am being consumed by it.

Welcome to AS, I hope you find it can help you to be here .. :hug:

Welcome to After Silence Trinity :)

I can relate to your feelings a lot, as I'm sure many members can.

Telling your best friend must have taken a lot of courage. Be proud of yourself for taking this important step. It's hard to live in denial, and it is also hard when you first come out of denial and have to deal with all these emotions.

We are here for you, don't hesitate to lean on us for support :bighug:

im glad you joined too and i know i was so happy when i joined. keep coming around and sharing. welcome, welcome!!!!

love and huggies,

kristine

Welcome, Trinity. I certainly understand where you are coming from when you say you were in denial, and suddenly it feels like it is consuming you... as do many others here, I'm sure.

I'm glad you fount this place & I hope you find all the support you need here.

Welcome hun =]

We're glad you found us, too. Welcome!