Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello...

Hello everyone, my first post here.

I guess I have a fair bit in common with most people here, shame it can't be more pleasant. But at least I know that there is support here when I require it.

I am currently awaiting a call back from police - they are preparing to take an official statement in regards to a sexual assault I experienced nearly three years ago. Its not the first time I have been asaulted - I was assaulted when I was eleven, and again when I was seventeen, but this last time has made me decide that enough was enough.

I don't have parental support for the simple reason that I haven't yet told them. I don't think I can trust them, as sad as that sounds. I have support from my martial arts instructor, though, and my counselor, which is something.

I wil probably have a few questions to ask, mainly in regards to the way I am feeling, but I am sure that many others will be feeling the same emotions as I.

Cheers.

Hello KarateNinja,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for every trauma you have suffered. I am proud of you for saying enough is enough. It is a hard thing to do or say, so I am happy you are able to report your latest abuser. All abusers should be locked up, but the unfortunate truth is very few our. Just to let you know that you have found a very supportive and safe site. I do wish you well on this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hello Karateninja :hi:

I am glad to see you have reached out for support here and that belonging to AS (After Silence) will help you feel supported as you work to heal and recover from all the traumas that brought you here.

You are not alone in not feeling like you can get support from close family but I'm glad to hear you have some good support with your therapist and martial arts instructor. Also congratulations on the courage to make a statement regarding your most recent assault.

Well, I am sorry for the things that brought you here, but I'm glad you have found us and I hope you feel at home and like you belong here soon. :doctor:

Strength to you,

Activist Ally