Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Cnt Get Into Chat?

Have you downloaded and installed the latest version of java? They just came out with a new one. Also what operating system are you using? I've found Windoze Vista does not like java. Had to switch to Firefox for chatting. Luck!

Do you get an invalid user name/password message Mal?

karen

If any of you guys are on a Mac, I've noticed that I can only get into chat with Safari, and not FireFox - regardless of how many times I updated and downloaded new java.

i can't get in either, and i have firefox...???

Edited by melissa

I was just about to ask this question...

I don't have firefox, but I have an HP PC, not a Mac, so I'm using IE. But my error message keeps telling me I'm not logged in (though right above it it says "logged in as redhead" and then a link to log out). hmmm.....

Never mind! I found this. Sorry, I'm still finding my way around- apparently you have to have 25 posts before you can get into chat, if anyone else is new like me and didn't know that.

sorry guys!

Edited by redhead

I can't get in either... Darn.

I still can't get in either. I tried using firefox that did not work for me either. I haven't been able to get in for awhile now! Has anyone figured out what is going on?

Have you tried downloading internet explorer 7 - plus you need the latest java.

If you write down exactly what happens when you try to log into chat - maybe we can offer some other suggestions

best wishes

karen

It brings up the chat page it says it is loading then it says now signed in as sadeyes22 then it says invalid username or password. I checked to make sure that I have the right IE and Java and all that is good so I am lost on this one. Thanks for your time on this :)

Sad

This was the solution to my problem, not sure if it will work for you, but it's worth a try.

If you are using IE, go into tools, manage add ons, enable or disable add ons.

Make sure Sun Java Console is under the enabled part of the screen. Disable any other ActiveX Controls except for XML DOM Document.

Restart IE and enter chat. Let me know how you make out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lindy,

Thanks for the advice I did try this but I am still not able to get into chat. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your time

Sad

I have the dreaded new Windows Vista and chat doesn't work with IE even with the latest java and even when enabling the ActiveX controls. I had to use firefox. I've noticed lately though, that firefox has been having quite a few updates.....maybe some of you don't have the latest version? Just a thought.....

I can finally get into chat again :) . I figured out that for some reason my wireless connection was not allowing me to enter chat but once I switced to a different wireless connection it works fine. So for anyone still having probs maybe contact your provider. Thanks for all the help Karen and Lindy :)

:hug::hug:

Sad

I so glad you can get into chat again - and thanks for letting us know the reason why!! Now if anyone has the same problem at least we can look back and offer this as advice to them - if none of the other sugestions have worked

karen