Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Eight Years

Hi! I am so happy to find this board. I'm dealing with something that happened 8 years ago and I've struggled to share with anyone else. This is actually the first step I'm taking in trying to understand things. Im working my way up to telling my therapist about it so I am looking forward to seeing how others are coping.

Hi, Val25! :)

Welcome! I'm new here too. I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with this. But this place seems amazing so far. Good job on taking this first step! Be proud of your strength and perseverance. Much healing energy to you, my friend. :)

Hi Val,

Welcome to AS! This is a big, first step, and I'd like to acknowledge that. Reaching out to others that understand can be a little scary, but very liberating. We all understand trauma and we are all working on healing. I am so happy that you have joined us. Healing is possible, and I wish you well on your journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi Val25,

Welcome to Aftersilence!

I'm glad yo hear that you have found these forums supportive!!! I hope you this website helps you move forward. I know that I had come on here before I talked to my therapist (gave me the courage to talk to mine)!

Mandy