Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

No Good At This

I can't stop deleting my posts. But really trying to work through things and reading AS has helped. Thank you guys for sharing... I wish I was as good at it. Ugh. You've really helped me so I don't know why I can't leave the words on the page.

Hi,

It's okay if you can't leave the words on the page. Sometimes it's good to write it all out, then destroy it. I've written things I wanted to purge from my mind on pieces of paper. Then I would burn the paper and release it. It is a good way to purge painful thoughts. I release it to the fire. You are doing the same thing by typing it all out, then deleting it. It's okay. It's your way of dealing and coping right now.

Take your time. There is no rush. There is no judgement. We understand, and we can all relate.

Edited by PhoenixDust

You don't have to write anything about your abuse that you don't feel comfortable with, I haven't really said a lot of details, just stated bald facts, that is all I can do and look how many posts I've made and how long I have been here. To start write insignificant little bits, as you get braver and more comfotazble write a little more, this is a marathon not a sprint. Plrase remember here no one will judge you at all, no one. :console:

3lit3,

Please don't be so hard on yourself. It's not easy writing anything sometimes, and I do go phases of not liking anything I write at all. I've seen other people say the same thing, and they would be people who have been here longer than me. Take your time. If viewing posts is all you can do now, be ok with that. Maybe eventually you can see something you can relate to and want to be supportive, but don't know what to say, leave a hug. Whatever you do, don't rush what you are not comfortable with. Sometimes time is all you need.

Mary :hug::notalone:

Edited by MeBeMary

Welcome to AS 3lit3!

I just want to repeat what everyone has said. If reading is all you can do at this time that is perfectly all right to do. I have written many, many posts and then could not hit the post button. Everyone does. There is no set time frame to post and no set time frame to work through all the emotions that a site like this can bring up. If reading is helping you then just read, you will find that over time that you will find your voice and be able to put into words what you want to say but there will never be pressure to do so. It will happen when it happens.

A lot of people use the "Humor and Silliness" forum to get comfortable on the site and learn how it all works. You can make one word answers in many of them. It is just all fun and some days the posts in them move very quickly. :)

Astro

I just signed up yesterday, but I totally understand. Sometimes it is just tough to read/write our own stories. I say tell as much or as little as you can handle. Maybe it means you write three words and then delete them. Each of us has a path follow that others might not understand, but it is okay as long as you understand your own path.

:hi:

• 2 weeks later...

I can't stop deleting my posts. But really trying to work through things and reading AS has helped. Thank you guys for sharing... I wish I was as good at it. Ugh. You've really helped me so I don't know why I can't leave the words on the page.

Hi 3lit3,

:hi:

Ah, please don't feel bad that you have deleted some posts. It's really common and understandable to feel nervous about posting. You're just fine at it I am sure! Please go at your own pace and do what feels comfortable to you.

On behalf of the newbie support team, welcome to AS!

ACtivist Ally