Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I am a 20 years old and am new to this online community.

Some background about me:

I came from a home where physical, emotional, and/or sexual abuse was a regular occurrence. I finally got the courage to leave home for good about a year and a half ago. I don't even know how to begin to describe the year I've spent away from everything and on my own. Life has certainly been a struggle, but at the same time, I have been gradually starting to embrace the idea of establishing a new life away from all the abuse... I found a job that I love working at. I moved into my own place. I got it approved so that I could have visits with my younger sister, who lives in foster care...For once, it felt good to be alive.I would even go so far as to say that it has been the closest I have ever come to being truly happy.

Until recently...

Something has happened to me--something nonsensical and horrific and out of control...I was raped last month at my school.

And now nothing feels right. I am back to being anxious and afraid and hurting all the time. I can't eat or sleep. I can hardly even breathe...And the worst part is, I have no way of knowing if it will happen again. The person who attacked me keeps seeking me out.

I have come here hoping not only hoping to find support, but to also draw strength from other member's stories. Maybe here I will no longer feel so utterly alone.

:sor: you have to be here :notalone: Have you reported this evil fella to the school or police or at least a restraining order, you may have to do something for your own peace of mind, it is horrible to live on tenterhooks all the time, :bighug: if OK

Hello Lionheart,

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here . If you need any help with the board, please contact me

take care, Paula

• 4 months later...

Welcome!