Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi!

Guest Paddy Ann

(((Paddy Ann))) Welcome to After Silence. I am glad you found your way here. I hope you find this place as warm and comforting as I do :) Take your time, post when you are ready. We are here for you. Be gentle with yourself as you heal :)

Hi Paddy Ann, welcome to After Silence. I am sorry that you have a reason to find a place like this but I am happy that you found us! This is such a wonderful, supportive place to be. I wish you well and look forward to getting to know you. Take care of yourself.

Tracy

(((paddy Ann))) Welcome to After Silence. I'm glad you found your way here. It is so wonderful and supportive! I hope you find what you are looking for! Take care! We are here for you!

love clarissa:b:

Guest Paddy Ann

Hi again,

Thanks for responding to my message.

It's been 13 years since I recovered my memories of the incest. I lived alone happily for a long time. Now I am living with a wonderful man. I am having a problem with the noise level in the house particularly around bedtime, the t.v. is too loud, doors banging, talking too loud, everything is too loud. I think it has something to do with the abuse. Is anyone else having this problem? It's like my peace is disturbed.

Thank you.

I sort of know how you feel...I am an only child and lived for the most part in a quiet house. I have been so use to "my time" that it has been a real adjustment being married...even though I am going on six years this 20th of March. I feel like I have no peace other than when my husband is deployed overseas...then I miss the loudness.:(