Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone

HI everyone my name is Annie, I am 61 yrs old. Hope I found good place here, recovering from repressed memories of traumatic childhood abuse, my Doc says I am also suffering from PTSD from it all....I need to be able to talk about and share with others.. if in wrong room please let me know or direct me to correct room... going through this alone is awful, I need support. Thanks.

Hello Annie,

Welcome to AS. This is the introduction forum, so you are in the right spot. But look around, you will see all different types of forums for different topics. If you are ever unsure, look to see if there is a pinned description at the top. It will get easier.

I'm sorry for the abuse you have suffered, but you will find support and kindness here. Everyone understands and we all take this healing path together. I wish you well on this journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hello annie61, welcome to this group. You are not alone. I'm sorry you experienced abuse. It was not your fault.

It is normal to develop PTSD when we experience abuse. However, healing is possible.

This group online is a good source of support. There is also information you can read. Have you read the book "The Courage to Heal" by Laura Davis and Ellen Bass? It is a good book. You can find it online or public libraries. I am glad you have a GP. Are you seeing a counselor?

How is your support system? Do you have family members and/or friends who are supportive?

Remember that healing is possible.

Take care.

:hi:

Hello Annie,

Welcome to Aftersilence. Well you've found the correct place to be able to share. This particular thread is a public thread.. I' will send you a PM shortly letting you know where to post. I hope you are finding your way around the boards...and hope you find the support that you need :)

Mandy