Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

As Video For 2007

Hey everyone,

And idea to commemorate the end of 2007 at AS, and the start of a new year 2008 at AS, is to make a video presentation in memory of AS 2007, which we could post in Pretty Good year, or Simply Life, and this would include basically anything we wanted it to from AS in 2007, in form of a movie, nice (public domain) music, (or get permission) and like put quotes, pictures, anything in it to commemorate and celebrate 2007, e.g. we could put pictures of whitedoves healing through creativity display in it) or survivor art works, inspirations quotes, pictures of survivors, quotes from posts, poems , anything at all which is AS and is 2007, of course with permission of those who made posts, or created art work, quotes etc. I think it would be a good commemoration to 2007, but could also be a way of promoting AS, like a Promotional video, so survivors who are nervous about joining AS could come and see what we are all about.

Maybe we could start a thread where everyone can get involved in the making of it, put forward there works, quotes etc, and where working progresses could be posted, so we could all get involved in it.

I have taken courses in video development, and have the right software and skills to put together the videos, and plenty of time to do it, so I would love to do it if I could, I could put it together with Pinnicpal or Movie maker and make it into an AVI or MPG file, or basically any type of video file, I could also do it in something like Flash, and put some interactive bits in it, (may take a-bit longer) we may also be able to sell DVD or something of it in AS store help raise some money for AS.

Where I got the idea for this was from, is at my school each year we have a power point presentation of the year past, and like picture from community days, and things like that, it just helps us remember and reflect on the year gone, and the lessons we have learnt in that year etc, experiences we have had, and I thought it might do that same thing here.

I would love to organize it all if I would be allowed to (gather all information etc), as I know all the Mods are pretty busy people, so it would mean no extra work for the mods here, (or if a mod wanted to do it instead that would be all good too) and then would just show mods before posting it etc, and I have the technical know-how to do video/presentation etc and time(school holidays) and of course other member could do technical work too if they can, or help in anyways they can, anyone that wanted to get involved could, so then we could all have a sense of ownership of this video/presentation, so I just thought it would be nice for everyone here.

Just thought I would suggest it, :P and I hope you like the suggestion and that we could do it, b/c I reckon it would be nice, please let me know what you think :hug:

Thanks for considering it, :)

John.

Thanks everyone for support, :hug::bighug: I really think something like this would be great for AS!!!! Glad you's liked the idea :)

Absolutely love this idea :)

Lindy,

Am I ok to start getting organising things togeather etc(e.g. content & people who want to be involved in making) for it? And start making it, or is there any other details that need to be looked at first?

I'm looking forward to this!!! :P

John.

I'm sure it'll be okay as long as the owners to the content you'll be using be notified and have given consent.

I would love to see what you come up with :)

I'm sure it'll be okay as long as the owners to the content you'll be using be notified and have given consent.

I would love to see what you come up with :)

Thanks, I will start it today, but with it being christmas I prob won't get much done, but will keep on making progress, hopefully I should be able to get it done into the new year, maybe around week 2, depending on how quick process is, and how well it all comes togeather.

I love this idea as well, I wish I had the skills to do something like that!

Thanks Teazle, even those without the technical know how with this should still be able to help I think, putting forward ideas forward, giving content etc, anyone can get involved.

:)

John :xmas2:

Hey everyone,

There is now a thread up in Healing through creativity, where we can all make suggestions are this, and give input, and also where we can all go to see how the videos production is coming along.

A link to it is here:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=34738

Thanks, :)

John.

Hey there again,

I was just woundering this site seems to have some connection with Tori Amos, and was woundering if anyone knew where we could go to ask permission to use her songs in the video. Also could I ask if we could use quotes from the AfterSilence non-forums part of the site in the video, so not aftersilence.org/forum, but like the non-private part of our site.

Thanks, :flowers:

John.

• 2 months later...

John, I'm sorry we missed your last questions! I would love to see this project take life, so don't hesitate to contact me or any of the mods for assistance. :)

About your first question, I don't think you need permission to use a Tori Amos song for the video because it is a non-commercial video, very much like the ones you find on youtube.com where artists' songs are used as background music all the time. I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be an issue since it's sort of a personal project for non-commercial use.

You are very welcome to use any quote from the AS website at aftersilence.org (I think that's what you meant by AfterSilence non-forums part, right?), and you are also welcome to use any of the awareness statements from our store, located here.

I hope this helps, and keep us updated! :up:

Thanks Vera, I've been so busy with school (just got back from Sydney as a result of school lecture today) that I haven't finished it yet, and if you are happy to use Tori Amos' song, then I will use it, because it fits in so well with the video :)

I have been meaning to finish it off, seeming it was started in last year, but with it being my last year of school, I've been really busy, but never-the-less I will get it done :) it just taking longer then when I first though, however if you want to have a look at some of the "pre-releases" I have posted them in Healing through creativity.

John.