Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Newbie In Need Of Feedback

:please:

HI all! I am new here and uncertian of the procedures, so forgive me if this is not the place. I was molested by just about all the males in my family for ever it seemed like. my earliest memories is about eight years old, I'm sure it started way before then, and didnt end until I was about 14 or 15. I am a wreck come the holidays. I have had a hard time with them as long as I can remember, and to top it off my mother passed away on christmas day, seven years this christmas. Now for the first year my sick brain convinced me that I have had all these feelings because some how, some way, I knew all my life that my mother was gonna die christmas day. (CRAZY I KNOW!!!!) Well after the initial shock I came to the conclusion that something VERY traumatic must have happened and my brain just wont let go of it. So here I am, with Christmas coming again I am needing someone who has been down that familiar road, to maybe talk with and It is my hope that in talking maybe I can get that missing piece of puzzle. I thank you for this site and if I can do any thing to help any in need just drop me a line I am all ears.

Welcome to AS :)

I think most of us here struggle with missing pieces, and the frustration and confusion that engenders. Also, for different reasons, many of us have a hard time when it comes to Christmas and other holidays. Please know that you are not alone - we will support you.

:hug: Ruthie

I too have very difficult times around Christmas / fathers day. I hope that you can find what you are looking for here. I am sorry for your loss

whitedove

welcome to the boards sweetie :bighug:

Welcome to AS...

No you don't sound crazy.........if anything you said a lot that most of us can relate to I HATE HALOWEEN with a passion.........I used to think I was nuts till I started talking to other surviors and learned that it was normal......please post as often as you need.......this is a wonderful place and everyone is super supportive

Huggles,

Heidi :hug::hug::hug:

If you're crazy, then so am I. I knew for years that my Grandma would die in July (and this July, it was three years) and that my Dad would die near my birthday. He died three days after, on Nov 4th. Holidays for me are extremely, extremely hard. Especially Christmas. I have vague memories as to why this might be. I was abused by my brothers and their friends from the age of two or so until I was 15. So I'm in a similar boat as you! You're not alone.

Welcome to AS

Kelly

Christmas isnt a very good time for me either. The first time I was rap*ed was right after christmas three days after christmas every yr I still get very deppressed around Christmas. I am always walkng around on egg shells trying not to let anyone see that I am upset since no one knows. I dont know if it is the same with you. but I just thought I would let you know I understand where you are coming from

:hug: