Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Any Other Multiples Out There? Mps / Did

Hello,

we're new here. :)

And multiple, hence the first person plural. Although we've been in therapy for years & are about to finish, & are pretty integrated /dithering somewhere between 'we' and 'I' a lot, obviusly being multiple is a big part of who I am / we are.

We've only met one other multiple person!!

And were wondering if there are any others on here...

Crid x

Hey.

Welcome to AS. :hug:

sorry im going to sound stupid now but what do you mean by multiple and DID mean? :duh::blush:

Take care.

Daydreamer x :hug:

Hi Ceridwen,

Welcome to AS. :) I do have DID and there are a few others here as well. I was diagnosed almost two years ago. I also am struggling with the "we" and "I", and am still in the discovery/acceptance stages. I hope you look around and post when you feel ready. Feel free to pm me.:hug:

Hugs,

Kelly

**Daydreamer....DID is Dissociative Identity Disorder, formally known as Multiple Personality Disorder :)

welcome to the boards :bighug:

~charlene~

Welcome to After Silence....

I was told by my counselor yesterday that I have DID.

Lindsay

Hi everyone, and thanks for the welcomes :)

Will have a look around & calm down a bit & see....

@ Daydreamer, DID/MPS (we prefer the S for Syndrome to the D for Disorder...) is about having several people ('personalities'), from two to over one hundred, in one body... extreme form of dissociation, you kinda split yourself into many bits to survive the abuse. And then you have to work on establishing communication & moving from the survival bit to living

, which is where we're now...

We find it quite hard to go back into 'civilian' life, so to speak, & not still behave / feel as though we were still in the war zone of our childhood. ery difficult to give up the survival mechanisms, to give up distrust. We're really struggling with that. And to accept that the past is past and gone, & that nobody will ever make it right again; and to turn my/our back on it & look at teh present & towards the future instead.

*sigh*

I never thought the good life woudl be so hard. :hmm::wink:

Welcome to the board! As others have said, there are multiples here. (((hugs))))

Kelly

Hello,

we're new here. :)

And multiple, hence the first person plural. Although we've been in therapy for years & are about to finish, & are pretty integrated /dithering somewhere between 'we' and 'I' a lot, obviusly being multiple is a big part of who I am / we are.

We've only met one other multiple person!!

And were wondering if there are any others on here...

Crid x

:wave: Welcome Ceridwen

We are multiple. We don't post very often though mostly read, sometimes we chat. It just depends on who is out at the time and what they are doing it is very nice to meet you though :)