Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Trying Again

So, I used to be semi-active here but eventually deleted all my posts and stopped coming by. I was struggling to deal with a lot in my life and shut down in so many ways. I think it has been about three years since I have posted...I have occasionally stopped by when I felt the need to not be alone with my demons. Lately I have found myself drawn back to After Silence...I have been having intense dreams, vague snippets of new memories I am struggling to make sense of...and feeling very alone in it all. I hope to rejoin this wonderful community not only to gain support but to give it.

:butterfly:

Thether

Welcome back!!! I hope being back with us will help you. Good to have you back, take care, and get in touch if you need anything,

Paula :hi:

Hello thether82, welcome back to the group. You are not alone here.

It is normal to have set-backs. Many survivors talk about having traumatic dreams and new memories. How do you cope?

For me, it has been helpful to remind myself that I am having a memory of the past but it is not happening any more. I ground myself: 5 things I can see, 5 things I can hear, 5 things I can smell, 5 things I can touch.

I write about my dreams and change the end.

I know different things work for different people.

I hope you will be okay.

:youcanheal::notalone::supportu: