Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Gravity

Nori

I was here once before....two years ago. And honestly, I thought I had progressed past needing or wanting to be here.

And yet, something always brings me back to it. And to him. Like gravity.

I'm Nori. I'm 20 years old. I've been in a destructive relationship with myself long before anyone had the good grace to go ahead and finish me off by brutalizing me for five years.

Never had a drug issue. Never had a real eating disorder. Never had a flashback. Maintained a 4.0. Competed in beauty pageants. Have a trust fund.

But I'm still here, writing this so. I'm clearly more than the sum of seemingly perfect parts.

Maybe some of you remember me, under a different username. But then, maybe you don't. Which is okay too.

Set me free, leave me, I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity....and yet, I'm still here.

Hello Nori, welcome back. You are not alone. I read somewhere that healing from abuse is possible and it does not happen linear. We all have our setbacks. It is normal. How do you cope when you have setbacks?

I think it is a good idea to explore different ways of facing life when we have setbacks. It is a very neglected topic in therapy. This has helped me:

* Remind myself that it is the past. The abuse is not happening anymore.

* Sit with my thoughts and feelings because I know they are going to pass.

* I notice to what is different now.

* Find someone to talk.

* Nurture myself

I hope you are going to be okay.

:aswelcomesu::aswelcomesu:

Hello Nori,

welcome back to AS. I hope you are finding your way around okay, please let me know if you need any help

take care

Paula ( Newbie SUpport team member )