Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

AbbyQ

It's been almost a year since I was sexually assaulted at work by my boss (who no longer works for the company, thankfully).

I never bothered with therapy because I already know it wasn't my fault and no therapist could answer any lingering questions in my mind (WHY ME? WHY THEN? Was he on drugs since he was a former drug abuser?)

A year of my marriage almost being destroyed. A year of my eyes being opened to what the world can really be like.

To be honest, I really don't know why I'm posting here.

Kinda feels like there is some last little hurdle to get over and I can move on, but I don't really know what that could be.

Welcome to AS (aftersilence), Abby.

I'm sorry for the heartache you have experienced in the last year and I'm sorry for what your boss did to you.

I hope you are able to find whatever that last hurdle is and that we can be here to help you jump over it.

I wish you the best.

Hi Abby,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered, but I am glad that you are aware that it was not your fault. To many assaulted and abused people do tend to self-blame, so I'm glad that you do know this. This is a very supportive site, so maybe that is what you need? Or maybe to just know that others are here that do understand the pain and frustration? Whatever the reason, know that you are accepted here. I do wish you well on your healing journey.

:notalone:

Mary

• 4 weeks later...