Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Feeling Beautiful Again

I was raped by someone I had considered a friend almost a year ago. It took me awhile before I could look at myself in the mirror again, but I did. I struggled for some time after with my feelings of self-worth, or rather the lack thereof. I still struggle sometimes and I might always. I recently went into business for myself as a Mary Kay cosmetics consultant because I believe in the beauty of everyone and being a consultant makes me believe in my own beauty. Because this November is my 1 year anniversary of the sexual assault, I have decided to give 50% of my profits made through Mary Kay to various rape support organizations. I invite you all to visit my website, and encourage others to also, and purchase products knowing that you are worth taking care of, but also your purchase will help others.

Kristy

www.marykay.com/kristycoval :wub:

I was raped by someone I had considered a friend almost a year ago. It took me awhile before I could look at myself in the mirror again, but I did. I struggled for some time after with my feelings of self-worth, or rather the lack thereof. I still struggle sometimes and I might always. I recently went into business for myself as a Mary Kay cosmetics consultant because I believe in the beauty of everyone and being a consultant makes me believe in my own beauty. Because this November is my 1 year anniversary of the sexual assault, I have decided to give 50% of my profits made through Mary Kay to various rape support organizations. I invite you all to visit my website, and encourage others to also, and purchase products knowing that you are worth taking care of, but also your purchase will help others.

Kristy

www.marykay.com/kristycoval :wub:

Welcome to After Silence!

What an inspiring and encouraging thing to do, and how generous of you. I'm off to your website right now to make a purchase! I am certainly glad to do my part to help your plan succeed. I also wanted to say "thank you" for such an inspirational stance.

:hug::bighug::wub:

Meg

Edited by Ardatha

Kristy,

Welcome, I was a Mary Kay consultant for awhile it is a good supportive organiztion for women.

So is AS :greet:

Welcome to AS! Your plan for your profits sounds wonderful! It's great that you're doing that. And congrats to feeling beautiful again :)

Kelly

welcome to the boards sweetie :bighug:

Kristy, welcome to AS. I hope you find this site to be as much help to you in your healing as I have. I hope you get tons of donations.

Jill