Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello.... Im a new guy

Guest CharmedQuark

Guest CharmedQuark

My psychiatrist tells me that this is a good step to take... I am not so sure. I told her that I feel like people will be afraid of me for what I am and I will be uncomfortable trying to explain my own story, so whats the use? But here I am, and I hope she is right and that this does help. I was abused from the first time I can remember until puberty - and it has really screwed me up, I am a social disaster, I cant make friends, I am 35 and I dont even have a girlfriend. Is this common? Are there other people out there who have gone through this too?

(((CharmedQuark)))Welcome to After Silence! I am so sorry to hear that you have been through so much, but I am glad that you took this step. You are not alone here. I hope you find this place as warm, safe, and supportive as I have. This place has helped me so much and everyone has made me feel so welcome and loved. Take precious care of yourself and post when you are ready to. We are here for you.

Tink

Guest moonsmile

TextGreen

welcome!! First, I ll say I am sorry that you have to be here. THere are thousands upon thousands of people who have been through something simular. My abuse by my stepfather stopped when I started puberty too. But that didn't stop anything else from happening. I was abused again at fifteen by an 18 yr old male.

You can talk about anything or ask anything on here and everyone is understanding. That is what is so beautiful about this site.

Hi there... glad you are here and sorry you have a reason to be here. We are all here to heal together, and try to make this journey a little bit gentler. So many people here have had such different responses to our abuse... especially with regards to relationships. It's not uncommon or abnormal or weird to not have a gf at 35, given your history. it is hard to trust and let people in... I am sure that is true especially if your abuser was a woman. I hope that you find this to be positive, and good for you for seeking counseling! Big step to take!

Guest Madonna

((((CharmedQuark)))))

Welcome! It's a pleasure to meet you. I was abused right up until puberty too and yes I have a lot of social issues as well. I hope you feel less uncomfortable now that you have introduced yourself. We are all here to help each other and heal together :)

Madonna

Welcome CharmedQuark, I'm also a male survivor of long-term childhood abuse, struggling with similiar issues. I hope that you stay whereas we may become good friends. All of the above people and more are the best understanding and compassionate people you will ever find!

Your friend,

Tim

Welcome!!

I hope u find this as safe a place as i have.. :)

Every1 ere is non judgemental-every1 is understandin,kind,lovin.. :)

I hope we get 2 know u more as u get 2 know us..

((huggles,smiles en friednship love..)) Sookie xo

Welcome CharmedQuark,

I'm sorry for all the terrible stuff you've gone through. It's good that you found this wonderful place, and I'm sure that you will find it very helpful.

I don't know about everyone, but I have a lot of trouble in communicating with people, and know that my brother has too..

Some of our first memories were also of being abused by our ex-uncle.

So glad to have you here, and make yourself at home. :yes:

Kelsie

Guest Dreamer

hi charmedquark,

welcome here. it' s quite a refuge. and if it comforts you: i'm 33 and single and I usually am.

in many ways quite used to it.

~ dreamer

(charmedquark)

hello, i am sorry to hear about all the bad times you've been through. i too was abused by a family member for many years, and i find it hard to form relationships. i am constantly parnoid that people are talking about me or laughing at me etc i also find it hard to let people get physically close to me, even a hug can make me panic.

i hope that this place will help you, it has helped me a great deal already, just to know there are people out there who understand what you are going through and who will listen without being judgmental.

take care of youself

bettyx

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by betty]

((((CharmedQuark)))))

Welcome to After Silence! I hope you find all the support you're seeking here.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

Guest willow

I'm new here too and welcome you.

It really does make a difference to talk to people. I have been a part of a forum elsewhere on emotional/verbal abuse and have found it to have helped me heal alot.

Here I am more of a person who works with people who've had trauma. My sister was sexually abused and I don't have any memory of it happening to me.

Many of my clients who've been abused are male like yourself. You are not alone in this it crosses to both genders. It is equally devestating to all human souls...