Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

marz

Hi everyone,

I really liked the look of this site when I was going through quite some trauma a couple of months ago... I did not have a good start with this site as it took around 5-6 weeks to be validated. I guess something went wrong, but I did write several emails with no response...

Anyhow, I'm here now & just wanted to say hello. Nearly a couple of months ago my abuser (my father) was convicted & sentenced for crimes against others which brought all my old trauma back to the forefront for me (he was also convicted & jailed for crimes against me & my brother too many years ago).

Well, I won't say much more, just looking forward to communicating more with others who've been through similar experiences.

Thanks,

Marz

hey Marz,

I am sooooo sorry it took so long for you to be validated. I really hope that you have a better experience with this site in the near future.

I am sorry that your father's conviction has brought up old trauma for you. I hope this site offers you the support and encouragement you need and deserve.

Welcome to AS!

Hi marz and welcome to AS. I'm sorry you are re-traumatized but hope you find comfort and peace here to help you through it.

Safe hugs to you if okay. :hug:

Many thanks lily23, reglois and fallenstar for your warm welcome & kind words... the court case brought up a lot of stuff for me, but I'm taking this as an opportunity to heal & develop more. Looking forward to exploring the site & communicating more with you all - thanks, marz

Hi Marz,

Welcome to Aftersilence. I'm so sorry that it took so long to get validated! Things have been pretty backed up here, and we are working towards making it better!

I hope that you will find the support here, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards. I'm sorry for the reason you had to come here, but at the same time glad that you found us :) Looking forward to getting to know you!

If you have any questions please feel free to send me a message, as my job is to help new members to navigate their way around the boards, and help you feel at home much as possible!

Mandy

Newbie Support Team

Thanks Mandy,

I understand that things can get backed up & sorry I wasn't patient enough. I thought at the time that maybe you guys didn't want me on this site for some unknown reason which of course was silly...

I will certainly message you if I have questions.

Thanks again,

marz

Welcome here, marz. It's good to meet you on here :) I'm very sorry for how the court case has brought the trauma to the forefront for you. I know there are many survivors (myself included) who have had specific triggers years after the fact that brought everything back to the forefront. It can be such a damn frustrating journey at times, but I've been on it for awhile now, and it's been soooo worth it. You're among friends here on AS, and I hope you find the support and comfort you're seeking. Looking forward to getting to know you on here.

- Courtney

Thanks for your message Courtney. I guess I've been on the journey for quite a while too & was quite surprised when the recent case brought up so many new emotions... but I guess it's a good thing as it makes me that much more aware and able to move forward. And I'm in therapy which really helps with these feelings too. I've found this site very warm & welcoming & look forward to getting to know you & other people here more too :hi: marz

Welcome to AS Marz!! Like everyone else said, things have been backed up. But I am glad you finally were able to get on the board. I hope that you find it as supportive and caring, as I have. There are some very wonderful and supportive people here. Feel free to post whenever and there is also a chat room (you have to have ten posts to access), that many like to use. The recent case, makes sense why you would be so triggered. This stuff likes to rear its ugly head, when we least need it to. Please take gentle care of you! Again Welcome to AS!!

~SNM~

Thanks for your welcoming message SNM - yes, I'm very happy to now be on the board. It really does seem a supportive and caring community here and already I've had much food for thought from others' posts as well as replies to my own posts. Thanks again - marz

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your welcoming post Purplehaze... yes, it seems there is a glitch in the new membership system... but all's good now we're on here! Take care yourself too & hope you find the site helpful and supportive like I do :hi: