Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New, Obviously

Ekmhowe

Hi all,

Glad I found this place....... "Finally" starting to process a rape that happened almost 20 yrs ago, hate going through the emotional turmoil of it----- even this delayed. I know PTSD can occur any time....... Just strange how out of the blue it hit me a few months back. I'm married with 2 kids, and my relationship with my husband is starting to become affected. (We see a therapist every other week, I see one weekly).

Edited by Ekmhowe

Welcome Ekmhowe,

I'm sorry for the trauma that has led you here, but know AS is a supportive and friendly site. I waited longer than you, over 30 years, but I guess it does catch up to us all, at one point of another. Therapy is something that I only recently considered, and I hope it is helpful. You are also among many people who understand what you are going thru, and know we will be here to help you on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi I am new also. I just recently started having flashbacks of things that happened years ago. Somethings I already knew. I just recently came out of a mentally abusive relationship and almost a year after I left is when the flashbacks from my first marriage started happening. I am just now processing and healing from all of it. After many years. You are not alone.

:supportu:

Hi all,

Glad I found this place....... "Finally" starting to process a rape that happened almost 20 yrs ago, hate going through the emotional turmoil of it----- even this delayed. I know PTSD can occur any time....... Just strange how out of the blue it hit me a few months back. I'm married with 2 kids, and my relationship with my husband is starting to become affected. (We see a therapist every other week, I see one weekly).

Hello Ekmhowe,

I'm glad you found this place too and I want to extend a warm welcome to AS (After Silence)!

It's okay...it sometimes takes many years to start the process of healing and it's okay to go at your own pace. I think you will find others who will be able to identify with your experiences here. Also, I'm glad to hear that you are getting support from therapy in person too! :)

I hope you'll find AS to be a supportive component of your healing plan and that we can be of help as you move ahead.

With support,

Activist Ally