Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi - I'm New Here!!!!

Guest missruby

Guest missruby

Hi! My name is Ruby, and I'm new to this forum. I have been sexually abused as a child and raped several times in adulthood since then. I am currently 28 years old and just beginning to look at my abuse issues in therapy. I am in recovery for alcoholism, drug addiction, and anorexia. I have recently made the decision to end my codepedent relationship and be alone for the first time in 10 years - this is very scary. I'd like to find people for support who have been where I've been. I'm tired of all the self-hatred and dysfunction.

(((Ruby)))

Hi and welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry for the reasons that brought you here, but I am glad you have found us.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

Hey Ruby!!

Welcome here. I'm sorry to hear about your struggles and what has happened to you, but I'm glad that you have found it here. I too am in recovery for drug addiction. Its a wonderful journey. Keep on it!! :)

If you ever need anything, I'm here.

Take care of yourself!!

((((safe hugs)))))

-erin

Ruby,

I HAVE been there. And I know that time goes on. I'm 24 years old and I feel like there isn't much left inside of me. And then I meet others who are older than I by a few years and I see how they are expanding their futures and trying to put some belief inside of themselves and I think that is such a wonderful thing. It lets me know that the past is not my enemy it's only the oast and future healing can begin at any moment.

Haullie

I like your avatar Betty!

(((Ruby)))Welcome to After Silence! I am sorry for all the pain you have been through. You are not alone. If there is anything I can do let me know!

Take precious care of yourself!

Tink

Hi Ruby,

I'm glad you found this place - it seems to be a wonderful environment for learning to live through the past.

You were looking for people who can relate............ HI I'M BALUE :)

I'm a 34 y.o. survivor of mental/physical and sexual abuse. I consider myself as healed as you get from these things.

I have been addicted to narcotics - and drank WAYYYYYY too much - Both are past. so I understand addiction and the fight to not be addicted. Although I'm not now nor have I ever been in rahab for them - So I might not be much help in that area. I do know a little about the process though.

I was in an codependent marriage for 13 years that was full of B*llshit followed by a long term codependent NIGHTMARE cohabitation after that.

I left this last relationship with a 3 month old son. It was my decision, I just got tired of all the dyfunction and said that is it - I will not raise my child like this-

I've been without a relationship for the past year - and I want it that way. From one codependent to the other - I am just not taking a chance on my radar till I'm sure I won't pick a person from a codependent place.

So, there are my areas of simularity.........Please consider me here for you anytime you need an ear.

Welcome and blessings,

Balue

Welcome missruby. I'm sorry for what you went through and that you still suffer, but I think you made good decisions for yourself. I wish you lots of healing and joy. Take care.

((safe hugs))

tulip

(((missruby))) Welcome to After Silence. I am glad you found us tho sad you had reasons to search us out. I understand your pain. I am a survivor of multiple assaults and I have also been in recovery from chem dependency for 18 years and alcohol for 6 yrs. I hope you find the comfort and support here as I have. Be kind to yourself as you heal.

(((((((((((MissRuby))))))))))))))
Guest laurasinnerchild

Welcome missruby, Sorry for all your pain that u went through. I hope u find some kind of comfort here with us.. :rolleyes:

Guest laurasinnerchild

Welcome missruby, Sorry for all your pain that u went through. I hope u find some kind of comfort here with us.. :rolleyes:

Guest Madonna

((((((missruby)))))

You sound a lot like me sweetie.I was raped as a child and adult as well. I have suffered through anorexia and am suffering through alcoholism now even though I am only 21.

You are not alone. Please keep posting. We are here to heal together :)

Madonna

(((missruby))) welcome to after silence. Thank you for sharing that with us...that was brave of you. I'm sorry for the pain you have suffered, and are continuing to endure. I hope you find support here as i have. It is definately a wonderful place. I am here if you ever need anything. You are definately not alone in all those areas, sweetie...

love clarissa