Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone.....

Welcome back!

I'm not sure we met before as I came on in mid January before it went "poof" and now back. I am glad to meet you and glad you are back here. Take gentle care and I look forward to more of your writing!

maley

Welcome back!

I'm not sure we met before as I came on in mid January before it went "poof" and now back. I am glad to meet you and glad you are back here. Take gentle care and I look forward to more of your writing!

maley

Thanks Maley

I joined December 2011 so I wasn't here long enough to miss the cull....lol.....Just glad I saved all my poetry I wrote before it went "poof" hehe

Im new here and...well things arent great for me right now. I just found out my rapist will walk due to lack of physical evidence. He used a condom so they didnt get any dna. It took the lab 27 months to get back to me because theyre so backed up. Ive got no will to live at this point and dont know what to do.

Im new here and...well things arent great for me right now. I just found out my rapist will walk due to lack of physical evidence. He used a condom so they didnt get any dna. It took the lab 27 months to get back to me because theyre so backed up. Ive got no will to live at this point and dont know what to do.

I am so very sorry for what has happened to you. I am glad that you are so brave to be here and reach out and I hope you find the supportive fellow survivors to assist you in your healing journey. I hope that you keep coming here and reaching out and know that there are many survivors here who care and will support you. Take gentle care of yourself.

Hello. I am new. What happened to me, happened a very long time ago...but I fear that I have never properly dealt with it. I have never talked about how I ACTUALLY feel about it, so I thought that maybe this could be a place for me to do that. I'm also not really sure how all of this posting stuff works (I'm not tech savvy). I'd like to share my story, but I don't know if this is the appropriate forum in which to do so. Help?

<3

Hello. I am new. What happened to me, happened a very long time ago...but I fear that I have never properly dealt with it. I have never talked about how I ACTUALLY feel about it, so I thought that maybe this could be a place for me to do that. I'm also not really sure how all of this posting stuff works (I'm not tech savvy). I'd like to share my story, but I don't know if this is the appropriate forum in which to do so. Help?

<3

Hi AriaSong,

I am so sorry that you need to be here.....but I am very glad you are reaching out to fellow survivors here. Like you my abuses happened many many years ago and I started therapy several months ago. I feel the past has affected my life significantly over the years and it is hard to face it now. I have found that this is a great community to find the warmth, support, and caring needed to journey forward in healing. You deserve to deal with this and be able to live more fully. Just take it at your own pace and I have found that if you take a bit at a time responding to others then share as you feel inclined.......so welcome and take gentle care!

Hello everyone.

A few of you will know me already but due to the recent update I am a new user again.... :(

g'day DOA I remember your poetry well, glad you made your way back... I was here nearly a year but I was culled too...such is life hey? See you round the boards

hi shyla. I'm very sorry for you. My attacker walked as well and I went through a very difficult time after, trying to get my head around it all. I can promise you that it will get better eventually. It sucks that they kept you waiting more that two years before a nil result! That is a sadly typical eg of how under prioritised rape is as a crime. But it does not mean it didn't happen, you didn't deserve to be hurt like that and it is ok to feel angry and sad and scared and all the other things. Please reach out here, talk to other people and read their thoughts, you'll find you are not alone.

<3

Hello there, i'm in a similar situation. This is a good place to talk, it is the first place I opened up after more than a decade of silence. The boards are fairly easy to navigate, you should start a new topic when you want to bring something up, although it can be tricky to know exactly which forum to use...I use my best guess and if in doubt use the 'gathering place' Lastly, it used to be that you could only access the share your story section after 10 posts, is probably the same rules still. Good luck, pm if you would like or have any q's.

Hey DOA. Good to see you on the boards again. Glad you kept a copy of your poems. It would have been really sad if they would have all been lost.

Euca:I feel so lost and alone and horribly ashamed. I cant give up because theres people who need me so I have to be here for them. But Im starting to wonder:does that apply to me too? Am I supposed to be there for MYSELF? How do I do that when the foundation of my world has been ripped away from me and I hate every breath I take?

Welcome back.

I remember you. :breakdance: