Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

I am a new member and just seeing what the online support groups have to offer. I am kind of skeptical about sharing information on my past in a somewhat public place. I am also too nervous to go to an in-person support group. I guess this is better than nothing. I am just sick of feeling like I am by myself in all of this. I survived all those years and now I just am. It is such a weird feeling and I am sick doing it alone.

Hi and welcome to AS. It's almost impossible to feel alone here, we are all alike in so many ways. You don't have to tell your story, only if you feel comfortable. ~abby

Welcome to AS, Naturebarbie :hi:

You don't have to share your story. You can just ask for support. You can just read what others are doing in their healing journey. You can do here whatever makes you feel safe and supported.

I hope you find this to be a place of safety and healing.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

welcome to AS nature,

im glad you have found this site, its a wonderful community of people and we are very supportive, you dont have to share your story unless its something you want to do and there is no rush if you do decide to,

your not alone any more, we are here for you, to support you, please take your time and go through the boards and see what you think, be careful of the TW signs on beginning of posts as this means trigger warning which can possibly trigger people,

hope to see you around the boards and chat room,

nemmie

welcome..........

I'm new too, and am finding it really helpful to start to understand I'm not alone. It makes a lot of difference. Even if you don't post, you can get a lot from just reading posts and responses of others.......and applying it to yourself. But it is nice to have a place to express your own feelings, and ask for input from others who struggle from the same issues. It is helping me to understand and validate my own emotions, which is a step in a healthy direction.

hope it will be helpful to you, too.......

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hello,

Welcome. You only do what you're comfortable with. It took me years and years to speak to my husband about this stuff and when I got recommendations to join a support group locally I said no way, not happening.

Than, I found this site. There's no obligation and you can come and go as you would like. It's nice to read others posts, relate to them and post your own comments if comfortable.

Good luck in your journey on here and feel free to message if you need an ear.

Take Care

Thinking of you.

Found

• 2 weeks later...