Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey There... Ummm.. I Make Soap?

Hello All!

My name is Lilith (that is what I call myself inside my head) I am married to a wonderful guy (super supportive and totally lost on how to help me). I used to paint and make jewelry and crafts were my thing.

Then I started to remember.... and I shut down ( I didn't even want to hug my husband for almost a year... did I mention he is awesome? He understood.)

One day at work someone brought me some melt and pour soap they had made. It was awesome.

It was orange and smelled wonderful. ... It hit me like a truck.... I can make this.... I NEED to make this.... I poured myself into soap making, the art, that science, the oils, the methods. I love it.

I had a distraction... I could focus on something creative again... something I could use and feel good about....

I MADE THAT. Me. I made something you can use. That people need.

I am trying to heal, hugging the man I love again... and making soap. (even if he picks on me a little about much I talk about it)

He loves me and my obsession with soap.

I have told him what happened. He tries to talk to me but there is only so much he can say... he doesn't know what to say... so he hugs me and helps me soap.

I am happy I have found a place I can talk. I don't know where to start healing so I turned to bubbles...

Hi Lilith,

Welcome to AS. You sound very creative - I'm glad you have a positive outlet and a supportive husband. Support is so needed, and AS is also a very supportive environment full of people who (unforntunately) understand.

I'll see you around the forums :supportu::youcanheal:

Forest x

Hello Lilith,

I'm sorry you went through experiences that were so traumatizing to effect you so strikingly many years later but I'm glad you have kind and understanding support from your husband and that you found a creative outlet to help you process things in your own way and stay connected with the positive side of life.

I love aromatherapy and I make my own lotions and balms so in part it is a similar activity and I think it is a wonderful component of healing!

I'd like to let you know that if you have questions or need help with anything to please feel free to pm (personal message) myself or any other member of the NST (Newbie Support Team) and we will do our best to assist you!

Welcome to AS (After Silence) and I hope that you will find folks here who do understand you and who will be willing to walk along beside you every step of the way in support as you journey towards healing and recovery from the painful memories of the past.

All strength to you,

Activist Ally

Hello Lilith,

Welcome to AS. I am so very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but I see that you have positives, too. Finding those positives are important. I am glad you have a creative outlet for your energy and an understanding husband. It is not unusual tho, that he isn't sure quite how to help. It's hard for someone to understand fully, unless they have gone thru it themselves. You will find a whole bunch of members here that understand and they will support you completely. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

welcome! sorry about the things that brought you here. positive outlets are great, and even better when they're creative, too! i think i can relate with you on some fronts. i've been struggling with an aversion to touching/being touched. i've been pouring myself into sewing things for my cats, like beds and pillows and toys and such. not sure if it's really helped much, but it at least keeps me busy outside of work. anyway, i hope you find what you're looking for here :)

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I am happy I have found this site... I feel a little less alone ...ya know? I am going to keep trying to move forward (which is not easy as you all know) But I am happy for the support as well as to support others :)

welcome! sorry about the things that brought you here. positive outlets are great, and even better when they're creative, too! i think i can relate with you on some fronts. i've been struggling with an aversion to touching/being touched. i've been pouring myself into sewing things for my cats, like beds and pillows and toys and such. not sure if it's really helped much, but it at least keeps me busy outside of work. anyway, i hope you find what you're looking for here :)

Thank you :) I have 3 cats myself (and 2 dogs... I have a problem lol) They love fabric toys :) I bet your cats have a blast playing with the toys made with love.

Hello Lilith,

I'm sorry you went through experiences that were so traumatizing to effect you so strikingly many years later but I'm glad you have kind and understanding support from your husband and that you found a creative outlet to help you process things in your own way and stay connected with the positive side of life.

I love aromatherapy and I make my own lotions and balms so in part it is a similar activity and I think it is a wonderful component of healing!

I'd like to let you know that if you have questions or need help with anything to please feel free to pm (personal message) myself or any other member of the NST (Newbie Support Team) and we will do our best to assist you!

Welcome to AS (After Silence) and I hope that you will find folks here who do understand you and who will be willing to walk along beside you every step of the way in support as you journey towards healing and recovery from the painful memories of the past.

All strength to you,

Activist Ally

THANK YOU :)

Hey Lilith,

I also have names for me inside my head :). I'm sorry about your experiences, and I think I can relate about the touch thing.

I love that you make soap - scents are really grounding for me, particularly sharp stuff like citrus or fennel, so I think your work sounds lovely. Do you have any favorites? I really don't know much about soap science :)