Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I'm New Here

Angela

Hi everyone,

I found this forum through a search. I was looking for a nice message board for survivors of abuse and this place looks nice. I am in my 40s, I survived childhood abuse and then other instances of abuse after I was a child, too. I am glad to have found this place and hope to be posting more and getting to know you as tiime goes on. Thank you for making this message board for survivors. :throb:

:P Hello,welcome!! :) Hope u find wot u want & need here!! I 2 am a survivour of ch*ld a*use..... I love ur av!! (pic....) :woot:

:hug: & :wub:

Sooks xoxox

Welcome.I hope that being a part of this wonderful community will help in your healing journey :hug:

(((((Angela))))))

Welcome to the board sweetie, please post as much as you would like and know that you are not alone.

:hug:

Donna =)

Guest tiggeranpooh

Hi Angela,

Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing this, but as a newbie I thought rather than start up a new thread I would just take the opportunity to say hello on this one as well.

It certainly seems as if the community here is a great place and, although I have little time because of real life pressures to come online an awful lot, I do hope I can be around a little.

A very quick intro. 36, survivor of child abuse (culminating in rape) over a 3 year period by a family friend. Also a victim of sexual molestation to my grandfather around the same time.

Had years of trying to deal with it - anxiety, panic attacks, all the usual. Kept going until I crashed in my late twenties and effectively had a nervous breakdown.

Picked myself up and now happily settled with the most adorable partner who is kind, understanding and considerate, as well as being my soul mate.

I finally decided I wanted to try and give if I could to help others, and found this site.

So, had a peek around, and finally decided to join.

Thanks Angela for putting up with me rambling on here. I hope I haven't offended by doing so. :unsure:

:hug:

Guest butterfly

Hi Angela,

WELCOME......Im pretty new here to, and also a survivor of childhood

sexual abuse.....on the road to healing.

This is a wonderful place to be, I have found alot of support here.

WELCOME......WELCOME......WELCOME

:hug::throb::hug:

Butterfly

hi and welcome

love and hugs :throb:

Welcome to After Silence, Angela! I'm sorry for the reasons that brought you here, but I'm glad you have found us.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

• 2 weeks later...